CCC isn't recognizing my LCD monitor

Old December 17th 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Peachhead

Default CCC isn't recognizing my LCD monitor

My brand LCD new monitor is blinking occasionally.

Does my monitor have to hooked up with the DVI cable for my card to
recognized it and make the Flat Panel adjustments show in the CCC. Right now
my Viewsonic VP2030b LCD monitor is hooked up to my Radeon 9700 via a D-Sub
(or is it VGA) cable. I'm unable to get it to work with the DVI cable
because the monitor blinks very badly or is totally blank with it hooked up
via the DVI cable. It's totally unusable with the DVI cable, even to make
adjustments.

I suspect that if I can reduce the DVI frequency it might solve my problem.
But if I need to be hooked up via the DVI cable to make the adjustment to
get the DVI connection to work correctly I've got a catch-22 situation on my
hands.

Viewsonic VP 2030b monitor/ATI Radeon 9700 videocard

PS-The monitors drivers are installed and my Windows XP pro OS _does_
recognize the monitor. Also, all cables are known to be good.

Old December 18th 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:37:55 -0500, "Peachhead"
wrote:

My brand LCD new monitor is blinking occasionally.

Does my monitor have to hooked up with the DVI cable for my card to
recognized it and make the Flat Panel adjustments show in the CCC.

Yes it does...my Samsung 22" was bust when I first got it (DVI didn't
work at all) and couldn't see any DVI options in CCC using VGA...Sent
the monitor back and all was well...

Right now
my Viewsonic VP2030b LCD monitor is hooked up to my Radeon 9700 via a D-Sub
(or is it VGA) cable. I'm unable to get it to work with the DVI cable
because the monitor blinks very badly or is totally blank with it hooked up
via the DVI cable. It's totally unusable with the DVI cable, even to make
adjustments.

I suspect that if I can reduce the DVI frequency it might solve my problem.
But if I need to be hooked up via the DVI cable to make the adjustment to
get the DVI connection to work correctly I've got a catch-22 situation on my
hands.

If you have a spare crt can you boot using this with the vga output
and plug in your Viewsonic into DVI (at the same time) and see if it
is detected. If it is maybe you can change the frequency and then
press "apply". Then use DVI as primary display...

Viewsonic VP 2030b monitor/ATI Radeon 9700 videocard

PS-The monitors drivers are installed and my Windows XP pro OS _does_
recognize the monitor. Also, all cables are known to be good.

All in all it sounds like the monitor is faulty...maybe you should
return it...

--
The Zero ST