Help please!

Old July 14th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
EagleOne

Default Help please!

Hello!
I bought Club3d X1950Pro AGP.
My system is : Athlon 64 3000+, MBO Asus K8N, 2GB DDR400 memory, Hdd 160gb
Maxtor, Chieftec 450W power supply.
Catalyst version 7.6
OS Vista Home Premium & XP Pro Sp2 - same problem.

I got artifact in games, somethimes my screen goes to sleep in game, once
computer rebooted itself while playing.

CPU temp is 50C max
MBO tem is 45C max
GPU temp is 55C max (Everest is used to monitor temps.)

What could cause the problems? Help please!

Ivan

Old July 15th 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Lou

"EagleOne" wrote in message
Hello!
I bought Club3d X1950Pro AGP.
My system is : Athlon 64 3000+, MBO Asus K8N, 2GB DDR400
memory, Hdd 160gb Maxtor, Chieftec 450W power supply.
Catalyst version 7.6
OS Vista Home Premium & XP Pro Sp2 - same problem.

I got artifact in games, somethimes my screen goes to
sleep in game, once computer rebooted itself while
playing.

CPU temp is 50C max
MBO tem is 45C max
GPU temp is 55C max (Everest is used to monitor temps.)

What could cause the problems? Help please!

Ivan

I have a Powercolor X1950Pro AGP with the same Arctic
Cooling Accelero type cooler and have had problems with the
PC crashing but no artifacts.
With artifacts I would think its a driver issue , but
rebooting could be overheating. I have tried Powercolor
tech support but no response yet. I searched online and
found that there are problems with the Voltage Regulator
Module (VRM) overheating with early versions of X1950Pro AGP
and also some of the cards with the Accelero cooler. The
VRM is at the end of the card and needs a heat sink for
cooling.
Here is the heat sink that Arctic cooler has made for this
problem:
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.p...0&data=3&disc=

I have not tried this yet because I wanted to see what
Powercolor has for a solution first, but it seems they are
not willing to help.

I would first try the Club3d support and see if its maybe
its a driver issue and/or with Vista.
You can do a Goggle search for X1950 PRO AGP and VRM
coolers.

Old July 15th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
EagleOne

"Lou" wrote in message

"EagleOne" wrote in message
[...]

Thanx Lou!
I believed that is a overheating issue. On a cold day i have no artifacts
though. Maybe VRM overheat issue causes artifacts in my case?

Old July 16th 07, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Heywood Jablowme

overheating