Two copies of ATI2EVXX running ..

Old July 11th 07, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bert Hyman

Default Two copies of ATI2EVXX running ..

Just fired up a new PC with WinXP Pro on an Asus P2B-E and a Radeon
X1950GT-based video card.

I see that I have two copies of ATI2EVXX running.

Should there be two? If not, how do I get rid of one of them?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old July 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Just fired up a new PC with WinXP Pro on an Asus P2B-E and a Radeon
X1950GT-based video card.

I see that I have two copies of ATI2EVXX running.

Should there be two? If not, how do I get rid of one of them?

--

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/ati2evxx.asp

Google is your friend.

Old July 11th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bert Hyman

In "Captain Midnight"
wrote:

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Just fired up a new PC with WinXP Pro on an Asus P2B-E and a Radeon
X1950GT-based video card.

I see that I have two copies of ATI2EVXX running.

Should there be two? If not, how do I get rid of one of them?

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/ati2evxx.asp

That's not my question; I know that it's the ATI hotkey handler.

I just want to know if there's supposed to be two copies of it running.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old July 11th 07, 08:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wax[_2_]

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Just fired up a new PC with WinXP Pro on an Asus P2B-E and a Radeon
X1950GT-based video card.

I see that I have two copies of ATI2EVXX running.

Should there be two? If not, how do I get rid of one of them?

It might be because it is a dual-crust video card. For example, my 9800 Pro
had a standard VGA and also a DVI connector on it, so it would show up twice
in my device manager.

Old July 11th 07, 11:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Yep, there is supposed to be two instances of ATI2EVXX running.

Note, aside from detecting hotkeys, the service also controls 2D/3D clock
speed- and voltage switchover. Don't disable it unless you are doing
low-level overclocking.