No DVI out on 7600GS PCIe

Old March 4th 07, 12:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DWB

Default No DVI out on 7600GS PCIe

Hoping SOMEONE here is able to come up with a solution to this,
as I'm simply having no luck finding a solution on the web (although I
have found
many threads regarding the problem, just no correct fix...).

Bought and installed a 7600 GS in January. Connected my Gateway
FPD2185W
using DVI, connected my 60" Sony widescreen HD TV using component.
Booted up
and everythibng was perfect. (I mainly bought this card for the
component out
to the TV and was surprised at how great it works). So everything was
working
pefectly, and the card recognized my Gateway monitor and set the
resolution to
it's correct 1680x1050.
But, after having to do a system restore (to a few days prior) for an
unreleated
issue, when the computer booted up during the restore, I had no signal
to the monitor,
and obviously no on screen display. I came to find out that the DVI out
port was
not working. After switching to VGA, and having it working correctly
again, only with
only VGA, I now have two issues. The Gateway monitor is not being
recognised other than as
"Default Monitor", and I still have no DVI out. (I had to set the
output resolution for
the Gateway widesceen to 1680X1050 manually after finding solutions to
do this online).
I"ve reloaded the drivers..no luck. I've booted up with ONLY the DVI
connected hoping it would
recognise the Gateway as the default monitor and enable DVI..didn't
happen.
The DVI port on the Gateway is working correctly (I hooked up an
alternate HD source to the post
and got a normal, HD picture). I've used the program "MonInfo" to check
the status of my monitors,
and it correctly detects the Gateway and my TV, and shows the info for
the Gateway correctly, so the
EDID info is correct on the monitor.
Is the nVidia not detecting the Gateway and not using the DVI because
of an onboard, driver or
windows issue? I'm completely at a loss as to what's going on, and what
the fix may be.
(BTW, I did have a lengthy talk with PNY tech support, and they were
also at a total loss as to
what's going on, and gave absolutely no solution...but I guess I
expected that).
Sorry for the long post, but maybe someone here has a solution for
this that will help not only me,
but others that may have the same problem.
Old March 4th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

DWB wrote:

Hoping SOMEONE here is able to come up with a solution to this,
as I'm simply having no luck finding a solution on the web (although I
have found
many threads regarding the problem, just no correct fix...).

What have the threads identified this problem as being? What solutions
do not work?

Bought and installed a 7600 GS in January. Connected my Gateway
FPD2185W
using DVI, connected my 60" Sony widescreen HD TV using component.
Booted up
and everythibng was perfect. (I mainly bought this card for the
component out
to the TV and was surprised at how great it works). So everything was
working
pefectly, and the card recognized my Gateway monitor and set the
resolution to
it's correct 1680x1050.

This is called a "known good" condition.

[...]

Okie, this sounds messy but it really isn't...since we know what to do
to get to that known good condition.

1) Download and make ready all your chipset, video card and monitor drivers
2) Uninstall Video drivers as throughly as you desire (Add/Remove
programs). Shutdown
2) Boot into safe mode, delete any and all device driver manager
references to "Default monitor" or any other monitor.
3) Inspect device drivers for exclamation points or X's, note for
correction if necessary
4) Reboot normally, reinstall chipset drivers
5) Install Video Drivers
6) Install monitor drivers
7) If no joy, refrain from punching things smaller than you.

IF you know of any specific reason why this procedure will not work for
you, by all means modify it to suit your needs! hth
Old March 4th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DWB

Thanks for the input. It's worth a try. But two things:
Chipset drivers... what exactly are you refering to. The BIOS?
The video drivers I assume would be the latest nvidia drivers, but I'm
not clear what you mean by chipset driver.
There really are no specific monitor drivers either. Gateway told me
they are sent to Windows XP by the monitor when the monitor is
recognized by Windows.
So there really are no .info driver files for the monitor..it's plug and
play.
And so far, I've only resorted to punching things my own size,
although
that may change........

Thanks again,
DWB

Old March 5th 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
peter

Check the Gateway website for an .icm file to match your monitor...usually
in the download section.
This is the file that tells XP what your monitor is capable of.
As for the Digital output...I would go to control Panel/add&remove and
uninstall the Nvidea Graphics driver.
Then under Device Manager uninstall the Graphic Card.When you reboot XP will
redetect the card and the New Hardware wizard will load "generic" drivers
for your video card....then reinstall the Nvidea ones.
hopefully this will work for you.
peter

Old March 5th 07, 10:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DWB

Thanks Peter. I previously wasn't able to find any monitor drivers
on the Gateway website, but I didn't know they are .icm files.
I'll give it another shot, and then take the plunge and do a reinstall
of all of the drivers. Thanks for the info.......

DWB

peter wrote:

Check the Gateway website for an .icm file to match your monitor...usually
in the download section.
This is the file that tells XP what your monitor is capable of.
As for the Digital output...I would go to control Panel/add&remove and
uninstall the Nvidea Graphics driver.
Then under Device Manager uninstall the Graphic Card.When you reboot XP will
redetect the card and the New Hardware wizard will load "generic" drivers
for your video card....then reinstall the Nvidea ones.
hopefully this will work for you.
peter

How hot 7600GS should be? replicator Nvidia Videocards 4 December 22nd 06 06:50 PM
x800 pcie x850 pcie jb Ati Videocards 1 March 26th 06 08:31 PM
GA-8I945P Dual Graphic: PCIe x4 in 2nd PCIe x16? Nick Gigabyte Motherboards 0 June 20th 05 08:30 AM
6600gt PCIe or X700Pro PCIe? Rockin Ronnie Nvidia Videocards 1 November 24th 04 08:33 PM