motherboard problem

Old September 26th 05, 02:20 PM
Dellhater

Default motherboard problem

i have an inspirion 5100 and just recently my motherboard and CPU weent
bad. i called dell and they told me that they would send someone to my
house to fix it and never did. i think that dell service is a joke and
i would advise everyone who has a dell that is still under warenty not
to call tech support for help cause they just make you computer worse.

Old September 26th 05, 02:26 PM
Tom Scales

"Dellhater" wrote in message
oups.com...
i have an inspirion 5100 and just recently my motherboard and CPU weent
bad. i called dell and they told me that they would send someone to my
house to fix it and never did. i think that dell service is a joke and
i would advise everyone who has a dell that is still under warenty not
to call tech support for help cause they just make you computer worse.

That would be really frustrating. What did Dell say when you called them
after the tech didn't come? What's specifically wrong with the machine --
perhaps we can help.

Oh, and what do you mean they make your computer worse? If they didn't show
up, what did they do that made it worse?

Tom

Old September 26th 05, 02:44 PM
Dellhater

i called for help and they said that a tech would be at my house in
friday. they never came. then i was tod that soneone would be ther on
saturday. then i was told that noone was comming on saturday and that
someone might come and fix it on monday. I call tech support because my
screen would not turn on. my comp was on but nothing on my screen. when
i was done with the call i had taken my memory cards out, the battery
and fiddled with the motim card in the back. this is everything that
they told me to do.

Old September 26th 05, 02:46 PM
Dellhater

by the time i was all done puting this back together, my computer
didn't even turn on

Old September 26th 05, 03:52 PM
Ben Myers

Did Dell tech support give you some sort of case number or incident number? If
not, they were not doing the job right. Call them back and request this info,
as well as phone number of the Dell service provider assigned to the job. Dell
does not employ service techs. They contract out all the warranty service work,
as do HP, Gateway, IBM/Lenovo. Name brand companies are becoming nothing more
than organizations that sell equipment built by other companies and repaired by
still other companies.

BTW, the Inspiron 5100 has acquired a hot reputation. It runs really hot.
Drive failures and processor/motherboard failures are not uncommon.

.... Ben Myers

Old September 26th 05, 04:06 PM
S.Lewis

"Dellhater" wrote in message
oups.com...
i have an inspirion 5100 and just recently my motherboard and CPU weent
bad. i called dell and they told me that they would send someone to my
house to fix it and never did. i think that dell service is a joke and
i would advise everyone who has a dell that is still under warenty not
to call tech support for help cause they just make you computer worse.

....and you just sat there at the house and cried, taking the abuse, and
never called back.

(sniffs bait and swims away....)

Stew

Old September 26th 05, 08:08 PM
Rob

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:06:46 -0500, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

"Dellhater" wrote in message
roups.com...
i have an inspirion 5100 and just recently my motherboard and CPU weent
bad. i called dell and they told me that they would send someone to my
house to fix it and never did. i think that dell service is a joke and
i would advise everyone who has a dell that is still under warenty not
to call tech support for help cause they just make you computer worse.

...and you just sat there at the house and cried, taking the abuse, and
never called back.

(sniffs bait and swims away....)

Stew

Read on. He did call more than once.
After a few calls I might not bother either, thinking it's hopeless.
Old September 26th 05, 11:07 PM
S.Lewis

Rob wrote in message ...
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:06:46 -0500, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

"Dellhater" wrote in message
groups.com...
i have an inspirion 5100 and just recently my motherboard and CPU weent
bad. i called dell and they told me that they would send someone to my
house to fix it and never did. i think that dell service is a joke and
i would advise everyone who has a dell that is still under warenty not
to call tech support for help cause they just make you computer worse.

...and you just sat there at the house and cried, taking the abuse, and
never called back.

(sniffs bait and swims away....)

Stew

Read on. He did call more than once.
After a few calls I might not bother either, thinking it's hopeless.

Yes, he ultimately stated that. But not in his first post. And combined with
his created "sig" for the group....

E-mail Michael Dell, report the problem to the Austin, Texas BBB and to the
Texas attorney general's office in written form.

I'm betting on a quick resolution if the OP does those three things.
Shouldn't have to come to that, but the system should be repaired properly
and promptly.

Stew

Old September 26th 05, 11:10 PM
Dellhater

i spent like 5 hours on the phone talkig ot like 12 different people
that didn't even speak english and didn't really care that i was a
unhappy with the service that i recieved and with the people that i was
getting transfered to. i talked to more people than i really wanted
to. so no i didn't just sit there and take it i fought back for 5 hours
and it got me no where.....

Old September 26th 05, 11:12 PM
Ben Myers

Suggestion: Call Dell tech support again during the early evening hours in your
time zone (PDT?). Odds are better you'll hear clear English spoken, while all
the Dell tech support people in India are sleeping.

Next suggestion: Get a case number assigned to the problem, and track it on
line... Ben Myers