Asus GeForce FX5200 V9520X / LCD1750 / No DVI

Old January 31st 06, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Asus GeForce FX5200 V9520X / LCD1750 / No DVI

I just purchased a Princeton 17" LCD1750, and a used AGP Asus GeForce
FX5200 v9520X. Win2K.

I've tried 2 different DVI cables, two Asus drivers, and about 5 Nvidia
drivers, and under all of them I can't get a DVI signal. Whether I
switch to digital using nView or with the LCD, it reports "no signal"
and shows a blank screen. The analog side is working fine. I
currently have both cables connected, although I've tried it with just
the digital without success.

However, the nView is reporting that I have two LCD1750s hooked up (1
or 2, and 2 of 2), both analog. I'm not sure if nView always does that
or not.

I'm running out of diagnostic ideas. And I hate to buy another card
and find out I haven't solved the problem.

Old January 31st 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

The DVI connector on the ASUS video card takes a special connector.

Look at your DVI connector on your video card carefully, you will notice
24-pin holes on one end and the other side has one long hole. Also, look
carefully at your LCD monitor DVI connector, to see if there the same.

By standards that DVI connector should have 24-pin holes and 4-pins with one
long hole in the middle of the 4-pins.

oups.com...

Old February 1st 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Ted F wrote:
The DVI connector on the ASUS video card takes a special connector.

Look at your DVI connector on your video card carefully, you will notice
24-pin holes on one end and the other side has one long hole. Also, look
carefully at your LCD monitor DVI connector, to see if there the same.

By standards that DVI connector should have 24-pin holes and 4-pins with one
long hole in the middle of the 4-pins.

If I understand correctly, DVI-I has the 4-pins, DVI-D does not.

That's true, the ASUS card has a DVI-I socket. But everything I've
read indicates DVI-I is compatible with DVI-D (the LCD & the cables are
all DVI-D). I thought the output on the 24-pins that both plug types
share is identical, & sufficient to run a DVI-D LCD screen.

Old February 4th 06, 10:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Darryl" wrote:
I just purchased a Princeton 17" LCD1750, and a used AGP Asus GeForce
FX5200 v9520X. Win2K.

I've tried 2 different DVI cables, two Asus drivers, and about 5 Nvidia
drivers, and under all of them I can't get a DVI signal. Whether I
switch to digital using nView or with the LCD, it reports "no signal"
and shows a blank screen. The analog side is working fine. I
currently have both cables connected, although I've tried it with just
the digital without success.

I have exactly the same problem. I have a Chaintech AGP Card with a GeForce
FX 5200 chipset, VGA and DVI-I out. I am using a 19" V7 Videoseven S19PS
LCD Panel with a DVI-I input. The cable is a standard 1,8m DVI-I cable. VGA
works nice, DVI - LCD panel claims "no signal". Panel works nice on a
friend's card (not NVidia) using same DVI cable.

As for the difference: Nvidia's website states on the difference that the
DVI-D connectors are usually only found on the graphics card's side and the
extra pins simply carry the analogue VGA signal that can be used to plug a
VGA CRT using a adapter. For graphics cards that carry a DVI-I that would
not be possible.

I tried at least two different original NVidia drivers (including the
latest one). Windows does recognize the panel on both the VGA and the DVI
port (currently both plugged, but also tried separately). In fact windows
is quite happy to let me configure the settings for the DVI connection
(resolution, screen position etc) - but still "no signal" on the panel when
trying to use the digital input. (And no, this is not a priority issue -
like I said I already tried all that separately as well).

So all in all this pretty much looks like a problem on the GeForce side
here - and considering this happens to even more people using different
equipment except the graphics chipset only underlines that assumption.

Now the question is: is there any official statement on that problem from
NVidia, will there be a fix - and most importantly: when?

Cheers,
Alex

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB