HP Laserjet 6L printer connect via USB port?

Old April 20th 07, 12:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default HP Laserjet 6L printer connect via USB port?

I have just purchased a new HP Computer, & to my chagrin, it did not
contain a parallel printer port. It does contain several USB ports.
Am using Windows XP Pro.

The printer I have is the HP Laserjet 6L printer that contains only a
parallel printer port. Can I connect the printer using a USB to
Parallel Printer Cable purchased off the shelf at Frys, or do I need a
special HP cable?

Also, when setting up the printer using ADD HARDWARE function of XP,
do I select the "virtual usb printing" option or the parallel printing
option.

All info welcomed! Aaron in N. Hollywood

Old April 20th 07, 04:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
blodwyn

I installed my 6L on a DLink DP300U printserver, been working great for
a couple of years now.