has anyone successfully installed 3rd party memory for Samsung Laser Prntr?

Old May 26th 06, 09:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default has anyone successfully installed 3rd party memory for Samsung Laser Prntr?

I've posted this question before without a reply. In hopes someone
has the answer, I'm reposting.

Has anyone purchased , with success, additional memory from a 3rd party
for Samsung Laser printers?

If so, which vendor sold the memory.

The prices Samsung wants for additional memory is completely un
realistic (to put it kindly).

best, Aaron

Old May 26th 06, 10:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I've posted this question before without a reply. In hopes someone
has the answer, I'm reposting.

Has anyone purchased , with success, additional memory from a 3rd party
for Samsung Laser printers?

If so, which vendor sold the memory.

The prices Samsung wants for additional memory is completely un
realistic (to put it kindly).

Which model? What type of memory?

Steve

Old May 26th 06, 11:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Samsung ML 2250 laser printer. Desire to purchase 65 mb additional
memory for printer.
Aaron

Old May 27th 06, 12:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

After Googling it it appears it uses PC-66 100pin DIMM 3.3V Synchronous
memory.

Using that info you should be able to find something cheap.
Note you can sometimes use PC-100 in place of PC-66 but I have seen some
systems where it does not work. Also note it is possible that Samsung
puts something in the EEPROM on the memory so that you cannot use
generic memory (only theres) but that is not that common.
Given that the going rate for a 64m stick of PC-66 these days is $8 it
is worth trying.

64MB Samsung Printer Module (ML-00MC, KTM0059/64A) AM72122
Samsung 64MB, 66MHz, 32-bit, 100p DIMM, 3.3v, Sync - Major Brand made
especially for Samsung Printers

On 5/26/2006 6:17 PM, The digits of 's hands composed
the following:

Old May 27th 06, 12:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Samsung ML 2250 laser printer. Desire to purchase 65 mb additional
memory for printer.

Looks like it just uses 100-pin SODIMM memory. Pretty standard. One 32MB,
64MB or 128MB stick.

Steve

Old May 27th 06, 04:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

note to those who kindly replied to my original post with suggestions
on what to try.

before trying any suggestion , however, I am asking if there is anyone
who has actual experience in installing 3rd party memory module into
the Samsung ML-2250 laser printer.

If so, please advise as to how well the module worked and the vendor
where it was purchased!

best, Aaron

Old May 31st 06, 01:01 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Hi!

Has anyone purchased , with success, additional memory from a 3rd party
for Samsung Laser printers?

I was not able to do so. I purchased memory from an outfit known as SA
Technologies for my Samsung CLP-550N...their website said the memory they
were selling was for this particular printer, so I ordered it as the price
was much lower. I suppose this should have been my first warning.

Upon receipt, I found that the printer would crash with the new memory
installed. Finally I learned that SA Technologies sold me memory intended
for use with a 100MHz clock...Samsung uses 125MHz clocked memory in the
CLP-550n.

I never could get anyone on the phone to return the stuff, but it works in
an HP Color LaserJet 2500n just fine. I was going to upgrade the memory in
that anyway, so all was not lost.

I've seen other people selling memory for the Samsung CLP-550n. It is more
expensive than the memory SA Technologies was selling, so I'd assume it is
the "right stuff". At this point, however, I've reconsidered my need to
upgrade the printer's memory.

William

Old May 31st 06, 01:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In message j15fg.755613$084.653004@attbi_s22, William R. Walsh
m writes
Hi!

[...]

The largest page I have generated was about 60 meg, which was an A3
(11x17). My first colour laser only came with 32 meg and I did need to
upgrade that is I did occasionally send it something too meaty to cope
with until the memory upgrade.

I am just getting a new machine which comes with 512 meg, although Im
not quite sure why as it has a hard disk for storing print queues as
well. Having said that, I wonder if it treats a duplex A3 page as a
single print job, in which case that might explain the larger ram.

When I bought ram for the old printer IIRC it was a crucial PC100.

--
Timothy