How to backup a 120GB source drive with 50GB on it to a 40GB backup drive

Old January 30th 05, 12:31 PM
Josh

Default How to backup a 120GB source drive with 50GB on it to a 40GB backup drive

Hi,

I have recently installed Ghost 9 on my 120GB hard disk with 50 GB of
used space on it and much to my regret have found that backing it up on
a second 40GB drive is impossible since the created image file is
bigger than the source data. In other words the destination drive must
be larger (or at least equal in size) with the source drive.

Is there any application in which I can use my 40GB drive to backup say
60-70GB from my source drive?

Thanks,
Josh

Old January 30th 05, 03:35 PM
Sayso Takewashi

Josh wrote:
Hi,

I have recently installed Ghost 9 on my 120GB hard disk with 50 GB of
used space on it and much to my regret have found that backing it up

on
a second 40GB drive is impossible since the created image file is
bigger than the source data. In other words the destination drive

must
be larger (or at least equal in size) with the source drive.

Is there any application in which I can use my 40GB drive to backup

say
60-70GB from my source drive?

Thanks,
Josh

MP3,Videos?

No.

Text Files and other highly compressable Files?
yes,build in Windows Backup

Old January 30th 05, 03:40 PM
Will Dormann

Josh wrote:
Hi,

I have recently installed Ghost 9 on my 120GB hard disk with 50 GB of
used space on it and much to my regret have found that backing it up on
a second 40GB drive is impossible since the created image file is
bigger than the source data. In other words the destination drive must
be larger (or at least equal in size) with the source drive.

50 GB should compress enough to fit on a 40GB drive. You are using
compression, right?

Is there any application in which I can use my 40GB drive to backup say
60-70GB from my source drive?

Well which is it... 50 or 60-70GB?

--
-WD