Touchpad buttons

Old November 2nd 04, 03:18 AM
Robert Bindler

Default Touchpad buttons

I just bought an Inspiron 1150 laptop, and wanted to know about your
experiences with the touchpad buttons.

I am scared of "over-clicking" them, for fear of them breaking. They
seem to be the most delicate part. Instead, I rely on tapping on the
pad, which is inconvinient for certain apps. Has anyone ever broken
the buttons? Are they expensive to fix? If I use them, where would be
the best place for me to apply pressure (near pad, or away from pad,
etc)

Thanks.
Old November 3rd 04, 02:56 AM
Splitskull

1 yes - they break
2 expensive - u still have warranty don't ya?
3 it doesn't matter

om...

Old November 4th 04, 02:29 PM
Christopher Muto

use it, that what it is meant for. they are a lot more durable than the
appear. judging by other older models they do occasionally but rarely fail,
but very over worked one do tend to get soft with years of daily business
use. should it fail you could obtain the replacement part and install it
yourself or just plug in an external mouse. don't worry. use it.