Touchpad sensitivity

Old November 20th 05, 06:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Default Touchpad sensitivity

I got an older Solo 9150 with Win98SE. How can I adjust the touchpad
sensitivity. In the Control Panel I only see the Mouse to adjust.
Thanks
Old November 20th 05, 07:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:05:37 GMT, Nathan Gutman
wrote:

In the Control Panel I only see the Mouse to adjust.

Settings" tab at the top. Select that and you will see a list of
pointing devices on your computer. Select the TouchPad and select
Settings for it and there you go.....

It is a bit misleading to hide it under the Mouse Properties selection
in the control center but then, you have to remember that common sense
is not an attribute practiced at M$.

Regards,
Ed

Old November 20th 05, 11:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Nathan Gutman wrote:
I got an older Solo 9150 with Win98SE. How can I adjust the touchpad
sensitivity. In the Control Panel I only see the Mouse to adjust.
Thanks

Go to the web support for your touchpad, synaptics, etc. Find the
latest software and driver file(s) and install those for Win98SE (or get
it from Gateway support). The software should have the complete setup
functionality.

Old November 21st 05, 02:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:51:56 GMT, Nathan Gutman
wrote:

That's where I am stumped... under Mouse Properties I only see three
tabs: Buttons, Pointer and Motion.

Hummmm.... I have 6 tabs which are Buttons, Pointers, Pointer
Options, Wheel, Hardware and Device Settings with Device Settings
being the tab under which they hid the settings and Properties for the
Synaptics Touchpad.

Sorry I couldn't help......

Ed
Old November 23rd 05, 01:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Thanks to all for the comments and tips. Gateway Tech Support steered
me to the correct driver and I was able to tame the touchpad. All I
wanted was to disable the tapping because it was way to sensitive. I
am OK now, so again, thanks for your help.