Antec PSU- How to Detach Extra Four Pins?

Old October 8th 05, 05:06 PM
QZ

Default Antec PSU- How to Detach Extra Four Pins?

I got an Antec TP-II 380 with 24 pins, and it says I can detach 4 pins to
leave 20, which is what I need.
Is it simply a matter of pulling that section off or does that tab need to
be moved first?
Whatever the case, seeing as I am not familiar with this, I will be careful
removing the part.

Thanks,
QZ

Old October 8th 05, 05:33 PM
Roger

QZ wrote:
I got an Antec TP-II 380 with 24 pins, and it says I can detach 4 pins to
leave 20, which is what I need.
Is it simply a matter of pulling that section off or does that tab need to
be moved first?
Whatever the case, seeing as I am not familiar with this, I will be careful
removing the part.

Thanks,
QZ

I was really confused about that too and almost bought a 24 pin to 20
pin connector. But I finally found a picture that showed the 24 pin
splitting into a 20 and a 4 pin connector.

To answer your question, the only tool you need is fingers, the
connector will snap apart at what looks like the vertical external guide
ridges.

Roger
Old October 8th 05, 06:49 PM
spodosaurus

Roger wrote:
QZ wrote:

I got an Antec TP-II 380 with 24 pins, and it says I can detach 4 pins to
leave 20, which is what I need.
Is it simply a matter of pulling that section off or does that tab
need to
be moved first?
Whatever the case, seeing as I am not familiar with this, I will be
careful
removing the part.

Thanks,
QZ

I was really confused about that too and almost bought a 24 pin to 20
pin connector. But I finally found a picture that showed the 24 pin
splitting into a 20 and a 4 pin connector.

To answer your question, the only tool you need is fingers, the
connector will snap apart at what looks like the vertical external guide
ridges.

Roger

Will it work okay if you later upgrade to a new board that needs the 24
pins, or will the connectors slowly work free? My computers are modified
to be on wheels for easy movement around my desktop, so this is a slight
concern for me.

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old October 8th 05, 08:04 PM
QZ

"Roger" wrote in message
I was really confused about that too and almost bought a 24 pin to 20
pin connector. But I finally found a picture that showed the 24 pin
splitting into a 20 and a 4 pin connector.

To answer your question, the only tool you need is fingers, the
connector will snap apart at what looks like the vertical external guide
ridges.

Thanks, that seems easy enough.

Old October 8th 05, 09:36 PM
QZ

"Michael Cecil" wrote in message
Yes, the 4 pin plug just connects onto the 20 pin plug with a sliding
motion to make a single 24 pin plug. It's a pretty elegant solution IMO.

So, if that is the case, then for removal, it doesn't detach sideways, as I
thought. Rather it slides up or down? How does it detach?

Old October 10th 05, 06:01 PM
QZ

QZ wrote:
I got an Antec TP-II 380 with 24 pins, and it says I can detach 4 pins

leave 20, which is what I need.
Is it simply a matter of pulling that section off or does that tab need

be moved first?

To answer your question, the only tool you need is fingers, the
connector will snap apart at what looks like the vertical external guide
ridges.

It wasn't so easy, there are two tiny tabs on each side that must be
squeezed together. Tweezers would have been optimal, but I didn't access to
them, so I used the edge of a flat-head screwdriver to compress one edge and
pull it apart, and then repeat for the other.