Netbook wouldn't charge, Acer kept screws

Old June 7th 10, 11:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Paul H

Default Netbook wouldn't charge, Acer kept screws

My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I had
it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.

Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the netbook.
Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk back in and
the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly because a couple
of these screws are missing.

I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I can
think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer fall on
deaf ears.

Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

Old June 8th 10, 02:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ed Maier

On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.

Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
because a couple of these screws are missing.

I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
fall on deaf ears.

Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
how did you obtain it?

Thanks,

Ed
Old June 8th 10, 02:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ed Maier

On 6/7/2010 8:28 PM, Ed Maier wrote:
On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.

Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
because a couple of these screws are missing.

I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
fall on deaf ears.

Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
how did you obtain it?

Thanks,

Ed

Went to their home page and then to support. Supplied the info and they
verified ownership, but the warranty is expired. Didn't realize I had it
that long.

Plan B: Requested an iPad for Fathers Day. grin

Ed