Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

Old February 22nd 10, 08:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
NotMe

Default Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

I'm having a devil of a time getting the CD restore set I purchased from
Acer to work.

Trying to contact Acer Support is worse than talking to a wall (talking to a
wall at lease you get an echo).

No matter what tricks I try I get an error message: 0xa000000e

A web searchs shows I'm one amoung many and so far none of the many have a
workable solution.

Any ideas?

Old February 22nd 10, 10:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Zack[_4_]

"NotMe" wrote in
:

Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

I'm having a devil of a time getting the CD restore set I purchased from
Acer to work.

Trying to contact Acer Support is worse than talking to a wall (talking
to a wall at lease you get an echo).

No matter what tricks I try I get an error message: 0xa000000e

A web searchs shows I'm one amoung many and so far none of the many have
a workable solution.

Any ideas?

why dont you just download the drivers from the acer site
then install your xp or whatever you use then the drivers
ive always done that on my aspire 5000 because i dont want
all the other crap the didks put on.

zack

--
Life begins as a quest of the child
for the man, and ends as a journey

Old February 23rd 10, 01:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
NotMe

"Zack" wrote in message
"NotMe" wrote in
:

Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

I'm having a devil of a time getting the CD restore set I purchased from
Acer to work.

Trying to contact Acer Support is worse than talking to a wall (talking
to a wall at lease you get an echo).

No matter what tricks I try I get an error message: 0xa000000e

A web searchs shows I'm one amoung many and so far none of the many have
a workable solution.

Any ideas?

why dont you just download the drivers from the acer site
then install your xp or whatever you use then the drivers
ive always done that on my aspire 5000 because i dont want
all the other crap the didks put on.

zack

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I'd considered similar. The Acer does
not belong to me (I do pro bono support for several NPs -- in the land of
the blind the one eyed man is king). The folk that own this beast want the
original configuration if it's at all possable.

I have told them, based on Acer's responses, that in the event they buy or
accept any more donations of Acer equipment they are on their own. Easy fix
I'll do it, otherwise ...

All said and done I'd like to fight this one to the ground just to know how.

Old March 4th 10, 04:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 2/22/2010 8:09 PM, NotMe wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in
:

[...]

How to fight this one to the ground.

1. Start with ANY Windows install CD that matches EXACTLY the sticker on
the side of the Acer. The CD may be branded, e.g. Dell or Lenovo, or it
may be OEM.
2. Next, download all the drivers needed for the hardware in the Aspire
5100 from the Acer web site.
3. Install Windows. If the Windows install asks you for the product
key, enter it in when prompted.
4. Do not activate it yet.
5. Install all the hardware drivers, starting with motherboard chipset
drivers ABSOLUTELY FIRST, before any other drivers. VERY IMPT!
6. If the Windows install did not prompt for a product ID, download and
run Keyfinder, to change the product ID to match the one on the sticker.
7. Now activate Windows on the 5100 via the internet.

This will give you the basic Windows software, but not any of the
crapware that Acer may also pre-install.

If installing XP, make sure that the install CD is at least Service Pack
2, the first one to support SATA drives... Ben Myers
Old March 4th 10, 07:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
NotMe

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 2/22/2010 8:09 PM, NotMe wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in
:

[...]

Thanks. I'll play with this when the world comes to rest around here (grand
kids have just discovered wild flowers and right now they have total
priority.

God help me when the Blue Bonnets are in full bloom!!! Will be a lot of fun
but won't get a bit of real work done. (VBG)

Back to the Acer. Box has started the load up and I get past the first CD
(sometimes not) and it shuts down. If I let it boot to command prompt it
will work for 5-10 min then go off/shut down. This is new and has me
wondering if there is a problem with hardware. (I open the boxs every 9-12
months to clear dust/lint build up so I doubt it's a heat problem).

Old May 5th 10, 10:15 AM
JohnKSmith JohnKSmith is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMe View Post
Acer Aspire 5100 restore problems

I'm having a devil of a time getting the CD restore set I purchased from
Acer to work.

Trying to contact Acer Support is worse than talking to a wall (talking to a
wall at lease you get an echo).

No matter what tricks I try I get an error message: 0xa000000e

A web searchs shows I'm one amoung many and so far none of the many have a
workable solution.

Any ideas?
Hi
Please this site and you get more information
http://www.fixya.com/postquestionpre...i d=0&ref=gab
You first write your problem then submit. I hope you will solve your problem.
Thanks
Oxygen Plant | Oxygen Plants