Noise Issue On FX ?

Old July 12th 03, 05:28 PM
redTed

Default Noise Issue On FX ?

Have the noise levels been reduced with the newer cards ? 5900 Ultra's etc ?
I'll be thinking of upgrading around about Half-Life 2 time

Old July 12th 03, 05:45 PM
Ryan

I have read that the noisy "lawnmower" fan of the FX 5800 Ultra has been
replaced with a much quieter fan in the FX 5900 Ultra models.
Ryan
"redTed" wrote in message
Have the noise levels been reduced with the newer cards ? 5900 Ultra's etc

?
I'll be thinking of upgrading around about Half-Life 2 time

Old July 12th 03, 11:34 PM

Actually, it depends on which model FX 5900 you purchase. MSI for example
uses a quieter fan for 26-28 db. Several other manufacturers are doing this
as well, but many manufacturers stick to the original graphics card design
including the fan and the housing. I think it would be good to hear from
others in the newsgroup who have purchased the card to comment on noise
levels.

regards

Old July 13th 03, 08:07 PM
johndevoy

my msi 5900 is quieter than the gf4400ti i had.

Old July 13th 03, 10:40 PM
Stephen Williams

Have the noise levels been reduced with the newer cards ? 5900 Ultra's etc
?
I'll be thinking of upgrading around about Half-Life 2 time

I have a leadtek FX5900 Ultra which uses the reference design fan, quiet as.

Anyone know why leadtek lists the FX5900 as having their twin turbo fan? I
dunno why i ended up with the reference fan, on a card that has no leadtek
name on it at all. Got a nice leadtek cardboard box though lol.

Can't really complain though, it's soooooo fast.

Steve

Old July 14th 03, 04:08 PM
redTed

"Ron Merts" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, the 5900 non-ultras based on the reference design and the 5900 Ultras
(all of which are bsed on the Reference design) use MUCH quieter fans.

Most
of the manufacturers of the 5900 non-ultras have also opted to go with
quieter fan setups. Personally, with my old 5800 under my desk in the

case
I never noticed the fan even when playing extended UT 2003 gaming

sessions;
but my new system with the 5900 is quieter than the old system before I
installed the 5800 anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I guess the fan thing is no longer a serious
problem. Good news.

Old July 14th 03, 08:27 PM
Roger

"B" wrote in message
Actually, it depends on which model FX 5900 you purchase. MSI for example
uses a quieter fan for 26-28 db. Several other manufacturers are doing

this
as well, but many manufacturers stick to the original graphics card design
including the fan and the housing. I think it would be good to hear from
others in the newsgroup who have purchased the card to comment on noise
levels.

regards

I read a review that said all the cards are made at the same plant and use
the same fan. Only the bundles are different. Maybe that has changed now?

Old July 14th 03, 09:24 PM
Courseyauto

"B" wrote in message
Actually, it depends on which model FX 5900 you purchase. MSI for example
uses a quieter fan for 26-28 db. Several other manufacturers are doing

this
as well, but many manufacturers stick to the original graphics card design
including the fan and the housing. I think it would be good to hear from
others in the newsgroup who have purchased the card to comment on noise
levels.

regards

I read a review that said all the cards are made at the same plant and use
the same fan. Only the bundles are different. Maybe that has changed now?

Thats only the 5900 ULTRA CARD

Help Me Find the Noise Marshall Lake General 5 February 10th 04 06:17 PM
Electronic noise from P2B? jbclem Asus Motherboards 7 October 31st 03 10:16 AM
Harddisk spinning noise Shep© General 9 October 19th 03 10:07 PM
a7n8x dlx and sound (noise) problems Beemer Biker Asus Motherboards 1 August 5th 03 02:33 PM
Monitor Crackling Noise again Michael General 1 July 22nd 03 10:43 AM