HD3850 AGP

Old August 28th 09, 06:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

Default HD3850 AGP

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

ta

Old August 28th 09, 09:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B)

Kurt Ayrez wrote:
Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You might need the AGP patch...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.30.5
Old August 28th 09, 06:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Mark West

Hubert H.P. Wachter wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:20:12 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

Agreed, hotfix drivers only.

I'm sticking with 9.3 though; much better all-round performance with
this version on my (X2 4800+) system when compared to later 9.x releases.

Mark

Old August 29th 09, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680 x
1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Old August 29th 09, 06:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:18:59 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680 x
1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
desktop?

--
The Zero ST
Old August 29th 09, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680
1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
desktop?

--
The Zero ST

when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.

Old August 29th 09, 07:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680
1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
desktop?

--
The Zero ST

when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.

I have a SyncMaster 226BW 22" and suffered from the same problem.
Installing drivers didn't help. It seems the monitor doesn't send the
EDID needed. I spent days trying to sort it and then managed to using
ATI's CCC. There is a setting with loads of "supported" resolutions*
or something. I seem to remember it was greyed out at first so I had
to manually pick my resolution and it forced my monitor to take it.

I don't have CCC installed anymore so I can't point you in the right
place but I'm very sure you have the same problem I had.

*and I don't mean on the usual select screen resolution screen.

--
The Zero ST
Old August 29th 09, 08:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_12_]

wrote:

Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.

I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680
1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
desktop?

--
The Zero ST

when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.

Are you using DVI or VGA ports on the monitor. You need to use the native
resolution that your monitor is designed for. What model is it? My Acer 24"
demands 1920-1200
Old August 29th 09, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

I don't think that's his problem....If he used a non-native res it'll
still display without scrolling left and right but it'll look blurry
and awful...

--
The Zero ST
Old August 29th 09, 08:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

wrote:

[...]

CCC stops at 1600 x 1200 which it reads from the EDID as you say. Loading
the Samsung software that came with the monitor 1680 x 1050 is available in
Windoz display properties. Once 1680 x 1050 is set here it then appears in
CCC. Using Force makes absolutely no difference. There are ways of patching
the EDID by overwriting the EPROM's but that would invalidate my warranty.
Samsung have it all in hand and CS are due back to me next week. Its the 4th
monitor under my 3 year warranty and the engineer stated he thought they
would provide me a new one instead of refurbished. This is because they
don't know which of the referbs have the correct EDID firmware.