6600GT AGP graphics problems - help please!

Old December 27th 04, 03:45 PM
Adi

Default 6600GT AGP graphics problems - help please!

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased the "Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH" 128mb AGP
Card.

I am however experiencing graphics problems in two of my games – The
Sims 2 and Command & Conquer Generals.

During gameplay in C&C Generals, there are lots of small white or
black rectangles randomly on the screen, as well as thin diagonal
lines that appear and disappear randomly.

During gameplay in The Sims 2, again there are black rectangles that
are on the screen, as well as some ‘missing' graphics in the
‘bodyshop' part of the game.

These problems did not occur with my old graphics card (although it
was a lot slower!) and I have done the following things to attempt to
remedy the situation:

- I uninstalled the driver for the onboard graphics card BEFORE I
physically installed the new graphics card.
- Uninstalled and installed the latest nvidia drivers. (66.93)
- Tried the BETA nvidia driver 67.02
- Made sure I have the most up-to-date directX. (9.0c)
- Patched the games to the latest versions.
- Ran "dxdiag" with no problems found.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the 2 games.

My power supply is only a Seasonic 300W - could this be causing the
graphical imperfections?

Has anyone else had these kind of graphics problems? Any assistance is
greatly appreciated!

Adi

PC Specs:

Athlon 64 3400
512mb DDR RAM
200GB HDD
Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH 128mb AGP graphics

Old December 27th 04, 04:49 PM
Tim

"Adi" wrote in message
om...

Has anyone else had these kind of graphics problems? Any assistance is
greatly appreciated!

Doesn't this card have a 12v power connector that requires a separate lead
from the power supply? Is it connected?

Old December 27th 04, 04:49 PM
DaveL

I don't think this problem is related to power supply. More likely a driver
bug with the new hardware. Try this new driver version 71.20.

DaveL

Old December 27th 04, 05:09 PM

Thanks to all your help so far everyone.

Yes this card does have 12v power connector which gets power from the
power supply unit, by using a split lead with the HDD power cable. This
split lead was supplied with the graphics card.
I shall try the new drivers and post back results.

Thanks again!

Old December 27th 04, 05:55 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I used the new driver from guru3d.com and hey presto! no more graphical
imperfections!!!!

Thanks to everyones help on here. I shall be upgrading my power supply
on precaution side of things - 300W really is scraping the barrell!
Special thanks go to DaveL for proving the link to the driver!

Old December 27th 04, 06:54 PM
Tim

wrote in message
oups.com...

I used the new driver from guru3d.com and hey presto! no more graphical
imperfections!!!!

Good to hear, I'll soon be getting the same card myself.

Old December 28th 04, 07:35 PM
CapFusion

Only nVidia site may hold or consider official. Other site may have a copy
of the official. If you are not certain, simply goto nvidia.com site to get
the official driver.

CapFusion,...

"Alex" wrote in message
Hi all, just wonder is this driver from guru3d.com an official driver from
NV?? Any adverse impact if it's not?? Thanks.