TV Out Problem on ASUS V9180 (MX440, Geforce 4, VIVO)

Old November 3rd 03, 02:59 AM
Adam Blake

Default TV Out Problem on ASUS V9180 (MX440, Geforce 4, VIVO)

I can't convince XP that a TV is even connected (through the VIVO box,
the RCA tv-out since my TV isn't s-video) to get the option to turn
the TV-Out on. I downloaded a few extra utilities (TVTool and TV
Control Center 2000) but the latter only works with a 'Chrontel' TV
chip and the former won't detect a TV chip. What 'TV chip' did this
card use, I can't find out anywhere.
Old November 4th 03, 06:49 AM
Adam Blake

A few other details, running Win XP on an Athlon 1100, an asus p2b
mobo, 256 mb ram. I don't have the cash for a newer TV with s-video
and i am sure while someone will suggest I get an S-video to RCA
adaptor i sort of BOUGHT the card because it had (supposedly) support
for BOTH. I believe MANY geforce 4 and later cards use the same VIVO
box and I am wondering what experiences people out there have had with
using the RCA out (i haven't even attempted the 'in' yet).