HD3850 AGP

Old August 29th 09, 09:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

Default HD3850 AGP

"Craig Coope" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:06:43 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
wrote:

"Craig Coope" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:51:37 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
wrote:

Well the 1600 x 1200 max rings a very loud bell for me.

I'm pretty sure if was this screen...
http://img187.imageshack.us/i/ccc2dl...i%20ccc%20edid

Uncheck the EDID and select the max resolution there? If not then it
deffo a drop down menu like that. It may be in Displays Manager.

I guess if you're getting it swapped it's not that big an issue. I
just *know* it could be sorted before then. Oh well!

--
The Zero ST

what version on CCC is that, mine (9.6) does not look the same.

I'm not sure...I just found that screen grab online. Mine didn't look
like that either. I'm sure my CCC was grey and not white.

All I remember is the setting was on the same window as the EDID stuff
and I'm pretty sure I had to check or uncheck a box and then select
the resolution myself. I'm sure it is the same as the picture I posted
because it would make total sense. Your monitor now is displaying 1680
x 1050 on a resolution of 1600 x 1200 because CCC doesn't know your
monitor can do 1680.

--
The Zero ST

It transpires the settings you show are for the VGA port. I and it appears
few thousand others are having the res problem when using the DVI port.
Bloody odd cos my last monitor had no problems whatsoever and it was the
same model but one month older.

when you press your monitor's menu button and scroll down to see what
resolution, what is it saying?

--
The Zero ST

1280 x 960 at the moment for the best viewing. Otherwise 1600 x 1200 max
when allowed.

Old August 29th 09, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:33:29 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Yeah I remember because 1280 was the only other that fit and looked
ok. I also remember 1600 x 1200 was that the montitor would display on
1680 x 1050. I don't have any other info to help you with. If your CCC
is totally different to my old one then maybe you don't have the same
settings. I guess you'll just have to wait for your replacement!

--
The Zero ST
Old August 30th 09, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Kurt Ayrez

sniped

OK, to be honest I would like a monitor with 2 DVI-D ports and have been
thinking hard on the Dell 2408WFP which gets exceptional write-ups

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/p...l/2408WFP.html

still lets see what S'sng offer. I'll report back when sorted.

thanks

Old August 30th 09, 11:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B)

Default [ot]

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx