Sapphire Card with 4 Different Connectors on Backplate

Old August 8th 09, 09:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Default Sapphire Card with 4 Different Connectors on Backplate

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/286...rd/index3.html

1x DVI
1x VGA
1x HDMI
1x Displayport

Anyone wishing to run two identical monitors will definitely need an adapter
cable. :-)

Old August 8th 09, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
rms[_3_]

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/286...rd/index3.html

1x DVI
1x VGA
1x HDMI
1x Displayport

What is Displayport for?

rms

Old August 9th 09, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
The Old Man[_3_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_Port

Old August 9th 09, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
William

"First of One" wrote in message
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/286...rd/index3.html

1x DVI
1x VGA
1x HDMI
1x Displayport

Anyone wishing to run two identical monitors will definitely need an
adapter cable. :-)

I was just checking out Sapphire 4890s yesterday on Newegg. 'SAPPHIRE
VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail'
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102841 The one
with the four different ports. I said to myself, this board is not for me,
I have two DVI monitors and I would have to use an adaptor again. It's for
idiots who have a monitor and don't know how to hook it up. (DVI - current
monitors, VGA - monitors of late, HDMI - consumer TV's, and Displayport -
MacIntosh) At least it comes with a DVI to HDMI adapter cable (Isn't that
backwards? The picture looks like it is. It should be HDMI to DVI!) so two
DVI monitors can be used on this board.

I did find this one. 'SAPPHIRE 100269SR Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI
Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail '.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102830 It's not
Vapor-X, and it runs at 850Mhz verses the other at 870Mhz. So I guess this
is the one I would purchase currently if I wanted to upgrade my current
Sapphire HD 4870, which I don't. I want to wait for that HD5000 you showed
a picture of a few days ago.

William

Old August 10th 09, 11:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

"William" wrote in message
I was just checking out Sapphire 4890s yesterday on Newegg. 'SAPPHIRE
VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail'
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102841 The one
with the four different ports. I said to myself, this board is not for
me, I have two DVI monitors and I would have to use an adaptor again. It's
for idiots who have a monitor and don't know how to hook it up. (DVI -
current monitors, VGA - monitors of late, HDMI - consumer TV's, and
Displayport - MacIntosh) At least it comes with a DVI to HDMI adapter
cable (Isn't that backwards? The picture looks like it is. It should be
HDMI to DVI!) so two DVI monitors can be used on this board.

The included adapter patch cable looks correct. It has a female DVI
connector, just like the DVI port on the video card slot bracket, so a
conventional DVI monitor cable can plug into it.

I did find this one. 'SAPPHIRE 100269SR Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail '.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102830 It's not
Vapor-X, and it runs at 850Mhz verses the other at 870Mhz. So I guess
this is the one I would purchase currently if I wanted to upgrade my
current Sapphire HD 4870,

The Vapor-X cooler should run more quietly than the reference ATi cooler, so
to some people it's worth the $10 price premium over the reference 4890.

which I don't. I want to wait for that HD5000 you showed a picture of a
few days ago.

The HD5000-series card may not be released for a while, perhaps around the
time of the Win 7 launch on Oct. 22. AMD is not in a hurry, because nVidia's
competing GT300-series cards likely won't be available until next year.