CUDA ?

Old November 24th 08, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default CUDA ?

Has anybody figured out the jargon of CUDA yet? I'm reading
astonishing gains in speed for certain kinds of hardware ..
but what? Is this something for developers, or is it worth
looking at for gaming? I don't need more jargon. I need
a straight up application of CUDA to evaluate with my
own two hands.

johns

Old November 24th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Miles

"johns" wrote in message
Has anybody figured out the jargon of CUDA yet? I'm reading
astonishing gains in speed for certain kinds of hardware ..
but what? Is this something for developers, or is it worth
looking at for gaming? I don't need more jargon. I need
a straight up application of CUDA to evaluate with my
own two hands.

johns

..
See if this site can meet your needs for an application:

http://www.gpugrid.net/

However, note that the last time I checked, this site was
still in beta test for CUDA use, so you might want to
make a full backup of your hard drive(s) before trying it.

Old November 24th 08, 06:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

See if this site can meet your needs for an application:

Hmm. They give a video tutorial, but make it so small
it can't be seen. Brilliant.

johns
Old November 24th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

I don't need more jargon. I need
a straight up application of CUDA to evaluate with my
own two hands.

I see jr high school is on vacation.

johns
Old November 24th 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Remember, with the exception of a few (NV55, AirRaid...), people aren't here
to convince you to buy nVidia. If you can't think of a good reason to use
CUDA, then don't. Take your "crusades" to those who actually care.

Old November 25th 08, 06:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Has anybody figured out the jargon of CUDA yet?

Seems nVidia takes care of its own. I got an email
completely describing CUDA, and I did not understand
a single word of it.

johns
Old November 26th 08, 09:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

johns wrote:
Has anybody figured out the jargon of CUDA yet?

Seems nVidia takes care of its own. I got an email
completely describing CUDA, and I did not understand
a single word of it.

And you a chip-level programmer? I'm shocked.
Old December 3rd 08, 05:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

And you a chip-level programmer? *I'm shocked.

I don't want to have to program the thing. It should
work out of the box and increase my frame rate
in games by 250x.

johns