Anyone ever had this problem when after installing an OS XP Win2k

Old December 5th 05, 07:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

Default Anyone ever had this problem when after installing an OS XP Win2k

It just keeps on restarting and going back to setup the entire OS all
over again in spite of having it successfully installed on a fresh PC
with all new components [Memory, HD, Monitor, Video Card, Sound Card,
etc].... it just keep on installing.. when I remove the Win2k or XP CD,
it says as Invalid Boot Drive, Drive System error, etc.. Even
reformatting, reinstall with just basic components and goes through
"Checking hardware configuration, etc". All softwares are licensed
originals. Suggestions

Louie

Old December 5th 05, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

"LouieXII" wrote in message
ups.com...
It just keeps on restarting and going back to setup the entire OS all
over again in spite of having it successfully installed on a fresh PC
with all new components [Memory, HD, Monitor, Video Card, Sound Card,
etc].... it just keep on installing.. when I remove the Win2k or XP CD,
it says as Invalid Boot Drive, Drive System error, etc.. Even
reformatting, reinstall with just basic components and goes through
"Checking hardware configuration, etc". All softwares are licensed
originals. Suggestions

Louie

I would be checking in the BIOS to see what the boot order is. Seems like
the system can't access the hard drive with the new system on it at boot.
Make sure the drive with the OS is at the top of the boot list before you
restart again.

--
HTH
Vince Morgan

Old December 5th 05, 08:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

Yes it is on the top... as only the Drive C, D, E are on the IDE
Channel. I had removed everything. Advise?

Old December 5th 05, 08:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

"LouieXII" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes it is on the top... as only the Drive C, D, E are on the IDE
Channel. I had removed everything. Advise?

To help me get a better picture here. May I know the first two or three
entries in the boot order? And the order in which they are set to boot in
the BIOS?
Is the primary drive (partition) a normal IDE drive, or a SATA, or something
else?
--

Vince Morgan
Remove UNSPAM

Old December 5th 05, 09:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

"Vince Morgan" wrote in message
u...
"LouieXII" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes it is on the top... as only the Drive C, D, E are on the IDE
Channel. I had removed everything. Advise?

To help me get a better picture here. May I know the first two or three
entries in the boot order? And the order in which they are set to boot in
the BIOS?
Is the primary drive (partition) a normal IDE drive, or a SATA, or

something
else?
--

Sorry, I forgot for a moment that your drives are IDE.
--

Vince Morgan
Remove UNSPAM

Old December 5th 05, 10:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

Vince Morgan heeft uiteengezet op 5-12-2005 :
"Vince Morgan" wrote in message
u...
"LouieXII" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes it is on the top... as only the Drive C, D, E are on the IDE
Channel. I had removed everything. Advise?

To help me get a better picture here. May I know the first two or three
entries in the boot order? And the order in which they are set to boot in
the BIOS?
Is the primary drive (partition) a normal IDE drive, or a SATA, or something
else?
--

Sorry, I forgot for a moment that your drives are IDE.

Is your boot partition active ??????
8-o

--
Groet, Gerard.

Old December 5th 05, 05:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

Yes I've seen it happen before. When I usually set up XP I set the boot
order to:

1st boot device: CD-Rom
2nd boot device: HDD

This usually works good and after the setup files are copied and it
reboots the system it gives you a message about hitting any key to boot
from CD and if you do this it starts all over again. But on a few
systems I've built it doesn't give you that message and just starts all
over again. The cure was to go into the BIOS when its done copying the
files and reboots and changing the boot order making the Hard Drive the
first boot device, save the changes and exit. When it reboots it then
will continue to finish the installation.

Old December 5th 05, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

Thanks so much once again everyone. Win2k works but XP does not install
without reinstalling??

Old December 5th 05, 11:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.os.windows2000,alt.os.windows-xp

"GeeKaa" wrote in message

Is your boot partition active ??????

Now why didn't I think of that. Very good point.

8-o

--
Groet, Gerard.

Vince Morgan