stop error: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Old December 7th 04, 04:34 PM
Gary Roach

Default stop error: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm trying to reinstall windows xp on a 533MHz PIII. The machine had been
running windows xp and suddenly began rebooting on boot-up just after the
logo screen. I tried re-installing with all unnecessary h/w removed and ram
and hd replaced. i constantly get the following stop error after the first
reboot of the install:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm having no luck searching for this particular set of parameters. Any
ideas on the problem? Are there any diagnostic tools that will verify the
hardware?
Thanks,

--
Gary Roach
ADB Services

Old December 7th 04, 06:07 PM
kony

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:34:32 -0500, "Gary Roach"
wrote:

I'm trying to reinstall windows xp on a 533MHz PIII. The machine had been
running windows xp and suddenly began rebooting on boot-up just after the
logo screen. I tried re-installing with all unnecessary h/w removed and ram
and hd replaced. i constantly get the following stop error after the first
reboot of the install:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm having no luck searching for this particular set of parameters. Any
ideas on the problem? Are there any diagnostic tools that will verify the
hardware?
Thanks,

That's usually a driver problem, can you boot into safe
mode?

I doubt the following is the problem but it's worth
checking:
Is your bios set to use ACPI power management but not using
a new enough bios that's confirmed ACPI compatible with
Win2K and/or XP ? If there is no way to determine this then
you might try disabling ACPI, and doing a clean install of
XP again. You might also try clearing CMOS, resetting
defaults, and then disabling any onboard features. that
aren't essential to getting windows installed... you can
probably leave serial, parallel, IDE and floppy enabled
since they're all legacy ports.
Old December 8th 04, 01:20 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Gary Roach wrote:
I'm trying to reinstall windows xp on a 533MHz PIII. The machine had
been running windows xp and suddenly began rebooting on boot-up just
after the logo screen. I tried re-installing with all unnecessary h/w
removed and ram and hd replaced. i constantly get the following stop
error after the first reboot of the install:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm having no luck searching for this particular set of parameters.
Any ideas on the problem? Are there any diagnostic tools that will
verify the hardware?
Thanks,

Well you didn't look very hard then!

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

on salads.

Old December 8th 04, 07:06 PM
Gary Roach

I disabled everything i could in the bios (including caching) and attempted
to reinstall. this time i got the following stop error:

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates
problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the
hardware incorrectly.

STOP: 0x000000EA (0x809CE720, 0x80A1BB50, 0x80A93BB8, 0x00000001)
vga64k

I replace the video card and re-ran the install. this time i got essentially
the same stop message (slightly different stop params) but instead of
vga64k, i got "framebuf". seems to indicate something wrong with the board
itself, since i've replaced eveything i can.

Old December 8th 04, 11:23 PM
Christo

"Gary Roach" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to reinstall windows xp on a 533MHz PIII. The machine had been
running windows xp and suddenly began rebooting on boot-up just after the
logo screen. I tried re-installing with all unnecessary h/w removed and
ram and hd replaced. i constantly get the following stop error after the
first reboot of the install:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm having no luck searching for this particular set of parameters. Any
ideas on the problem? Are there any diagnostic tools that will verify the
hardware?
Thanks,

--
Gary Roach
ADB Services

i used to get this alot interupt request not less or equal

it is an irq clash something to do with kernel mode processes only being
able to access IRQ's lower or equal to its self

duh im no win techy or OS techy but it sounds like maybe an IRQ problem, try
looking at IRQ's in device manager or wherever they are, see if any newly
installed hardware is sharing an IRQ with something else

it could also be a memory problem

i never found a solution to this problem i have it with the same hard drive,
gfx card, cpu and used it on 2 different motherboards and got the error

Stop 0xA or stop 10 error

its a *******

Old December 8th 04, 11:36 PM
w_tom

As should be obvious from the text, you have a video
problem. Could be hardware or could be video driver. But XP
has noticed the hardware was stuck and declared a timeout
problem. Those four numbers may provide more information from
tech notes or support documentation at the web site for your
video controller.

Other things you should be planning: download and execute
video manufacturer's comprehensive diagnostic with and without
video hardware heated by a hairdryer on high. Check power
supply voltages with a 3.5 digit multimeter per procedures and
limits posted elsewhere.

Did you remove existing drivers for hardware before removing
hardware? It not, then you may have created a complicating
problem.

Only some hardware can crash XP. Video controller and its
drivers are on that list.

Gary Roach wrote:
I disabled everything i could in the bios (including caching) and attempted
to reinstall. this time i got the following stop error:

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates
problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the
hardware incorrectly.

STOP: 0x000000EA (0x809CE720, 0x80A1BB50, 0x80A93BB8, 0x00000001)
vga64k

I replace the video card and re-ran the install. this time i got
essentially the same stop message (slightly different stop params)
but instead of vga64k, i got "framebuf". seems to indicate
something wrong with the board itself, since i've replaced
eveything i can.

Random lockups, Win2000 & XP Kenneth General 6 November 14th 04 10:32 PM
STOP: 0x8E - WINXP Pro Christo General 2 October 29th 04 12:09 AM
Modem connection speed Neil Barnwell General 58 July 14th 04 07:18 PM
STOP 0X000008E - From DVDWriter? Phrederik General 0 August 17th 03 07:14 AM