ATI 9600SE

Old February 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
David Wells

Default ATI 9600SE

I am getting a new computer and it comes with a ATI 9600SE made by
ATI . Does this card have a fan on it or not. I don't play games so
for now it will do I may upgrade later as the mother board is a K8V
AMD 3200 system.
Old February 3rd 04, 04:46 PM
Tim W.

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:59:35 GMT, David Wells
wrote:

I am getting a new computer and it comes with a ATI 9600SE made by
ATI . Does this card have a fan on it or not.

Probably not. The current ATI branded 9600SE card has a heatsink with
no fan, but a system builder might change that.
Enjoy,

TLW
Old February 3rd 04, 06:14 PM
Dark Avenger

David Wells wrote in message . ..
I am getting a new computer and it comes with a ATI 9600SE made by
ATI . Does this card have a fan on it or not. I don't play games so
for now it will do I may upgrade later as the mother board is a K8V
AMD 3200 system.

Some might have a fan, some might not!

Performance of the 9600SE is crappy but unless you game you won't
notice.

So untill you actually think about gaming it will be nice, once you
wish to charge up a nice The Sims II..you might need some more
horsepower!
Old February 6th 04, 08:55 AM
Darthy

wrote:

I am getting a new computer and it comes with a ATI 9600SE made by
ATI . Does this card have a fan on it or not. I don't play games so
for now it will do I may upgrade later as the mother board is a K8V
AMD 3200 system.

The ATI manufactured 9600se does NOT include a fan... a good thing.

Its performance is about that of a GF3 card - the slow one.

Fine for games made in 2001 or older.... UT2003 can play in LOW res -
your CPU will help make up for it... but not much.

If youre not planning on gaming - its a fine card. if you PLAN to
play some games - its a waste of $100... when $30~50 can buy you about
3x the performance.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!