ATI All In Wonder 7500 TV picture turns black and white

Old December 15th 03, 02:44 AM
dev

Default ATI All In Wonder 7500 TV picture turns black and white

I am having and issue with my AIW 7500 AGP card. All of a sudden it
the TV display started switching back and forth from color to black
and white intermittently. It does this also when viewing the tv out on
a TV. Some channels don't do this but others its almost always black
and white. When i try to capture from my video camera through
composite in it does the same thing. I have tried about eveything,
settings, drivers, cables, etc. Nothing makes it worse or better. I
have emailed ATI with the usual automated response. I am putting off
calling them cause i already spent 100 bucks on the card and don't
want to pay 1.25 a minute to go through eveything i already have tried
and get nowhere. I guess as a last resort i will call just to see what
happens. If anyone has any input i would appreciate it,,

motherboard az31 , via chipset, latest 4in1 drivers
1ghz athlon
Old December 27th 03, 02:04 AM
dev

I have tried different cables and also when i capture from my video
camera the break out box is connected through a svideo connection.
When i watch a video file from the harddrive through the video out
connection i don't have any problem at all. It seems to be the tuner
part or something like that. Thanks.

AZGuy wrote in message . ..
Are you sure the TV "antenna" cable is tight and the center conductor
long enough to make good contact with the connector on the ATI board.
I've seen regular TVs that seemed to do that when they had poor
antenna connections.

Old December 29th 03, 05:35 AM
Barry Watzman

If you are using an S-Video connection, this could be a bad cable or
connector (including a bad "purple breakout box" cable). In an S-Video
cable, there are two separate cables, one carries the B&W (monochrome)
signal, the other carries the color signal. If the color signal is open
or shorted, you get a B&W picture.