Radeon 9600 probelms

Old September 28th 03, 11:29 AM
ellipse1000

Default Radeon 9600 probelms

Hello,

I've just switched from a Ti4200 to an ATI Radeon 9600, but I think there
are some problems with the drivers (Catalyst 3.7) : after an hour or so or
just using Word or Excel, Windows starts to "slow down", simple screen
redraws take forever and I can nearly see each pixel being drawn... you know
the feeling...

I've disabled nearly all extraneous services in XP, including ATI's
utililties, tried a tool called 3DRage (also hoping to enable the pivot
option, still does not work). Apart from going back to my Ti4200, I'm
running out of ideas, has anyone had a similar experience?

farid emam

Old September 28th 03, 11:36 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Got the 9600 Pro here, gos like a Rabbit on fire

All i can suggest is Install DX 9b, Cat 3.7 and the latest Mainboard
drivers, and latest sound drivers.

If you do all this, then post and tell us if it fixed the prob.

I have everything updated and all is @(@&*(*@ great.

I love playing games with ALL the detail turned up and still egt 50fps
atleast.

Hope i could help.

if i did ?

Old September 28th 03, 04:14 PM
ellipse1000

"FF" a écrit dans le message de

Temperature?

Fdyne

No... shame on me... there's a conflict with a small utility I use to
enhance the clock in Windows' tray... So I stopped TClock, and everything
works back to normal... Sorry ATI...

Old September 28th 03, 04:21 PM
harry wong

If you're talking about the non-pro model, I have the Visiontek labled card
(same as the ATI). Absolutely no problems at all on a Asus P4P800. As a
matter of fact I've been really impressed with the 2-D quality- and I've
been using Matrox products prior to this card for about 5 years.

Which MB and CPU are you using?

Old September 29th 03, 12:54 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

What version of Tclock ?? i like that ute ?