Mouse Cursor dissapears after reboot

Old July 19th 03, 07:59 AM
Frans Groot

Default Mouse Cursor dissapears after reboot

Gary Seven wrote:

On Windows 2000 with SP4 when I reboot the moist cursor doesn't come
back. this only happens when I Go to Start, then shutdown, and hit
restart. If I actually shut off the PC, and turn it back on its
there. I am using a Logitech USB optical mouse, and a Gigabyte
motherboard. For some reason the mouse will not work with the PS2
adapter no matter what.

Hi,
Please check the BIOS settings here. In the BIOS is a setting to
disable/enable the PS2 USB mouse support.
Suc6
Frans

Old July 21st 03, 07:00 PM
Frans Groot

Gary Seven wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:59:16 GMT, Frans Groot
wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:

On Windows 2000 with SP4 when I reboot the moist cursor doesn't come
back. this only happens when I Go to Start, then shutdown, and hit
restart. If I actually shut off the PC, and turn it back on its
there. I am using a Logitech USB optical mouse, and a Gigabyte
motherboard. For some reason the mouse will not work with the PS2
adapter no matter what.

Hi,
Please check the BIOS settings here. In the BIOS is a setting to
disable/enable the PS2 USB mouse support.
Suc6
Frans

I checked the bios and there's nothing about USB mice.
I installed Mouseware from logitech and still no luck.

Gary, plse have a look again in your bios:,

section Integrated Peripherals,
scroll down the list and you will find there settings concerning your
USB:
1. USB Controller
2. USB 2.0 Controller
3. USB Keyboard Support
4. USB MOUSE Support

In my manual on page 47 (GA8-KNXP)
I have my mouse in Com1, so I have disabled USB Mouse Support.
Suc6
Frans

Old July 26th 03, 03:47 AM
Sue McCartin

I've got a Logitech MX500 mouse that constantly dissappears, it's worse with
the logitech drivers than with the stock ms drivers. I've also got an older
logitech dual sensor optical that doesn't do this at all, works perfect.
Unlike you, when it decides to drop out it does it all the time, not just on
a soft reset. It sounds to me like you've got a driver conflict of some
kind. I'd take the logitech drivers and mouseware off there and just use
the ms stock drivers, that's when I have the best luck with logitech
mice.You may also want to be sure you've got all the latest drivers for
every toy, the latest 4 in one for your chipset and run a registry cleaner
to get rid of some of the errors that usually build up in the registry just
from using the machine and loading stuff onto it.

PS/2 mouse problems Fred General 2 August 12th 04 01:21 AM
A7N8X Deluze rev 2.0 mouse freeze after reboot Phu Asus Motherboards 2 May 21st 04 11:26 PM
Wireless Keyboards and Mice? Thomas M General 6 August 6th 03 09:41 PM
KVM Switch for Both PS/2 and AT Connectors Alien Zord General 5 July 9th 03 07:19 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM