93.81 caused problems, downgraded to 93.71, why does this happen?

Old February 20th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown

Default 93.81 caused problems, downgraded to 93.71, why does this happen?

geforce 6800GS 256meg is the car pci-express
93.81 caused a blinking when rebooting and several other weird errors.
Downgraded to 93.71 and the problem went away.

Is their something, when downgrading, I should have done other than
simply running the nvidia exe program to re-install 93.71?

I read about a LOAD of things you had to do to downgrade, is this
needed if things seem to be running fine now?

thanks
Old February 20th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB

"Bob Brown" . wrote in message
news
geforce 6800GS 256meg is the car pci-express
93.81 caused a blinking when rebooting and several other weird errors.
Downgraded to 93.71 and the problem went away.

Is their something, when downgrading, I should have done other than
simply running the nvidia exe program to re-install 93.71?

I read about a LOAD of things you had to do to downgrade, is this
needed if things seem to be running fine now?

thanks

Whenever you change drivers, completely uninstall old drivers, reboot,
cancel Windows new hardware notice (maybe twice), install new drivers.

Old February 25th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:09:07 -0500, "KCB"
wrote:

"Bob Brown" . wrote in message
news
geforce 6800GS 256meg is the car pci-express
93.81 caused a blinking when rebooting and several other weird errors.
Downgraded to 93.71 and the problem went away.

Is their something, when downgrading, I should have done other than
simply running the nvidia exe program to re-install 93.71?

I read about a LOAD of things you had to do to downgrade, is this
needed if things seem to be running fine now?

thanks

Whenever you change drivers, completely uninstall old drivers, reboot,
cancel Windows new hardware notice (maybe twice), install new drivers.

How do you Uninstall 93.81 completely?
Do you mean, after uninstalling hit f8 or simly stop xp from trying to
to give me the 'new video card' notice?
THEN re-install 93.71 [older more stable], then reboot?

Will this make sure I happen a near perfect 93.71 with ALL of 93.81's
problems removed?

Thanks [anyone else chime in please]

Old February 25th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Bob Brown wrote:

Whenever you change drivers, completely uninstall old drivers, reboot,
cancel Windows new hardware notice (maybe twice), install new drivers.

How do you Uninstall 93.81 completely?
Do you mean, after uninstalling hit f8 or simly stop xp from trying to
to give me the 'new video card' notice?

Generally with drivers you are individually managing, cancel Window's
attempt to search for a driver online or locally. The driver install
package has all the required files.

To uninstall nVidia video drivers completely:

0) Configure your desktop/display for VGA operation (lower resolutions,
save any and all video profiles, size windows so you can grab them.
Download needed files.

1) Add/Remove Programs - nVidia Drivers - Select the "remove only the
drivers I say" radio button, and select "display drivers"

2) Reboot, Restart, canceling any and all Windows notifications, Windows
should now be in sVGA

3) Run Driver Cleaner Pro, link goes to free version.

4) Per Instructions of Driver Cleaner, Restart again, canceling all
Windows Notifications

5) Install the new driver suite.

Will this make sure I happen a near perfect 93.71 with ALL of 93.81's
problems removed?

Hardly, but you will have properly uninstalled and reinstalled video
drivers!

Old March 22nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown

wrote:

Bob Brown wrote:

[...]

I have ASUS A*S-X motherboard. It's one of those boards that does NOT
allow a hotkey to boot into safe mode. I have to setup windows
MSCONFIG to go to safe mode. How can I do the uninstall as you
described with this problem??

I installed 93.81 and want to go back to the stable 93.71, trying to
rid myself of as much of 93.81 as I can.

thanks thanks!!!

Old March 22nd 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

wrote:

Bob Brown wrote:

[...]

Who said anything about safe mode? Not me. It's incorrect to do the
above in safe mode.

Fix whatever you have done to get into safe mode and boot normally and
start over.

btw, don't you have a coolbits problem? wtf is goin' on over there?
drinky-drinky?

Old March 22nd 07, 03:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown

wrote:

Bob Brown wrote:

[...]

Yeah I can't help but mess things up from "suggestions" in forums..
you know the deal maybe.

thanks :-)

Old May 1st 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Brown

wrote:

Bob Brown wrote:

[...]

-------------------------

UPDATE UPDATE!!!!

I bought a new hard drive, installed 100% clean 93.71 stable version
for me. This turned out the best method

Old May 1st 07, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Bob Brown wrote:

I have ASUS A*S-X motherboard. It's one of those boards that does NOT
allow a hotkey to boot into safe mode. I have to setup windows
MSCONFIG to go to safe mode. How can I do the uninstall as you
described with this problem??

The F8 key, repeatedly struck just after the pc turns on, will get you
to Windows' safe mode (and other options). What you are thinking of is
the one key that will load the BIOS set-up program, which may or may not
be active on your motherboard, regardless, that was not that I was
talking about.

I installed 93.81 and want to go back to the stable 93.71, trying to
rid myself of as much of 93.81 as I can.

thanks thanks!!!

UPDATE UPDATE!!!!

I bought a new hard drive, installed 100% clean 93.71 stable version
for me. This turned out the best method

I wish I could buy a new house every time the garage needs cleaning!
Whatever method works for you is the right method!