Video playback problems with 7600GS

Old December 24th 06, 11:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rob Pollard

Default Video playback problems with 7600GS

Hi All,
Recently I upgraded my graphics card to an nVidia GeForce 7600 GS for the
AGP interface. Games have been running exceedingly well with this card.
Unfortunately my system refuses to play video now.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, as I don't watch many videos on my PC.
However, certain games like SBK2001 have a video intro, so in effect I'm now
locked out of these games.

I have tried both the 91.47 and 93.71 drivers and neither works. As
mentioned in other forum posts, if I turn off hardware acceleration video
works, but unfortunately games do not, so this is not a solution.

Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure my system used to play video with this
card and I suspect things started to go wrong after a windows update had put
WMP11 on my system. I originally suspected WMP11 and have since rolled it
back to WMP10 but I'm still getting the same issues.

Some forum posts have recommended going back to the 84.21 drivers, but these
won't install on my system - they claim that I have incompatible hardware.

Is there any solution to this one? Am I the only person seeing this? If I
cannot get a solution I may well have to change my hardware to another
vendor.

Thanks
RobP
'There are only 10 types of people in this world - Those that understand
binary and those that don't'

Old December 26th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
goPostal

"Rob Pollard" wrote in message
.uk...
[...]

I have the same problem on a similar rig. Haven't been able to fix it. Funny
thing though is that a reboot allows me to watch vids for a while before the
exceedingly dark gamma returns. I've tried everything, new drivers, new
codecs, new players, etc. Lemme know if you find out what was wrong cause
I've given in on being able to fix it.

Old January 11th 07, 12:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nettom

Just bought a GFB 7600GS OC and I too have the video playback problem.
After updating mainboard drivers (k8n neo 2 platinum) reinstalling
video card drivers and doing everything else that I could think of I
decided to uninstall the drivers and see if I could play a media file.
Guess what......it worked. Of course the video was pretty crappy but no
BSOD or screen black outs. So no solution to the problem but it appears
to me that the nvidia drivers are causing the issue. If I get the BSOD,
which happens when I use Cyberlink power DVD it mentiones something
about the NV4_drv.dll file. If I find a solution I will post it. My dad
in law who has a different video card with an nvidia gpu has the exact
same problem.

--
nettom
nettom's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=533

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Old January 11th 07, 02:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nettom

No lockup or BSOD anymore, but since I am working remotely I can't tell
if videos are actually playing. I updated the GART driver for the
NForce3 chipset from the NVidia website.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11 Make sure to uninstall
any nforce network adapters prior to installing this file. Of course
this file will only work if you have an NForce3 mainboard.

Old January 14th 07, 09:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
maelstrom

goPostal;2691635 Wrote: [color=blue]
"Rob Pollard" wrote in message
.uk...

I have the same problem on a similar rig. Haven't been able to fix it.
Funny
thing though is that a reboot allows me to watch vids for a while
before the
exceedingly dark gamma returns. I've tried everything, new drivers,
new
codecs, new players, etc. Lemme know if you find out what was wrong
cause
I've given in on being able to fix it.

If you are seeing dark gamma in video try:

http://hivearchive.com/2006/06/25/st...ideo-playback/

--
maelstrom
maelstrom's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=568