How to connect 7-in-1 floppydrive/smartcard reader ? (asus a8n32x-sli)

Old April 10th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default How to connect 7-in-1 floppydrive/smartcard reader ? (asus a8n32x-sli)

Hello,

Right now I am building my dream pc

I just noticed this cable hanging out of my floppy drive/7-in-1 card
reader, the plug has 4 holes... how do I connect this cable ???

Bye,
Skybuck

Old April 10th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"Skybuck" wrote in message
oups.com
Hello,

Right now I am building my dream pc

I just noticed this cable hanging out of my floppy drive/7-in-1 card
reader, the plug has 4 holes... how do I connect this cable ???

It could be a Molex power connector. Does it match any of the 4-pin
connectors from the PSU?

Old April 10th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

I don't think it looks quite tiny.... even thinner than a floppy drive
power connector.

It has the following pins:

+5VDC
DATA-
DATA+
GND

Bye,
Skybuck

Old April 10th 06, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Skybuck wrote:
I don't think it looks quite tiny.... even thinner than a floppy drive
power connector.

It has the following pins:

+5VDC
DATA-
DATA+
GND

Bye,
Skybuck

Sounds like a USB connector for the smartcard reader. Probably connects
to a USB header on the motherboard. Check the manual....
Old April 10th 06, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Asus motherboard manual metions nothing about it.

The cardreader/drive didnt come with a manual.

I ll try to find a manual later... I think it's a mitshumbi or
something can't check right now...

Bye...
Skybuck.

Old April 10th 06, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Skybuck wrote:
Asus motherboard manual metions nothing about it.

The cardreader/drive didnt come with a manual.

I ll try to find a manual later... I think it's a mitshumbi or
something can't check right now...

Bye...
Skybuck.

I have a reader in my Soyo/Intel machine, it's a USB connector. On your
board it plugs into your headers at the bottom of the board, blue sockets.

Ra
Old April 11th 06, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

In article .com,
"Skybuck" wrote:

Asus motherboard manual metions nothing about it.

The cardreader/drive didnt come with a manual.

I ll try to find a manual later... I think it's a mitshumbi or
something can't check right now...

Bye...
Skybuck.

If you look in the motherboard manual, they will show you pictures
of the pinout of a 2x5 USB header. It will look like this:

USB+5V X X USB+5V
USB_P5- X X USB_P6-
USB_P5+ X X USB_P6+
GND X X GND
X NC

Your 1x4 connector on the cardreader, connects to one of the
two "columns" of pins shown above, like this.

USB+5V X X USB+5V -- +5VDC
USB_P5- X X USB_P6- -- DATA-
USB_P5+ X X USB_P6+ -- DATA+
GND X X GND -- GND
X NC

HTH,
Paul
Old April 11th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Paul wrote:
In article .com,
"Skybuck" wrote:

Asus motherboard manual metions nothing about it.

The cardreader/drive didnt come with a manual.

I ll try to find a manual later... I think it's a mitshumbi or
something can't check right now...

Bye...
Skybuck.

If you look in the motherboard manual, they will show you pictures
of the pinout of a 2x5 USB header. It will look like this:

USB+5V X X USB+5V
USB_P5- X X USB_P6-
USB_P5+ X X USB_P6+
GND X X GND
X NC

Your 1x4 connector on the cardreader, connects to one of the
two "columns" of pins shown above, like this.

USB+5V X X USB+5V -- +5VDC
USB_P5- X X USB_P6- -- DATA-
USB_P5+ X X USB_P6+ -- DATA+
GND X X GND -- GND
X NC

Thank you very much for this information paul. It seems to make sense.
I wasn't sure what to do since the USB ports/header on my motherboard
have 5 + 4 pins and the connector only has 4 holes so to speak.

Ofcourse I checked the internet for more information because just
taking somebodie's word on it on a newsgroup with a 4500 euro costing
computer is a bit too risky for my taste lol . So as promised I
searched for some information. I actually searched for my mispelled
product name which actually is another company... then I added
cardreader and google came up with a nice suggestion. I checked my
bill the correct name is:

Mitsumi.

This company has different versions of their 5 or 7 or 8 in 1 drive
etc. I am not yet sure which drive I have... I can't check at the
moment... it's already build in and can't check the front at the
moment, but this website with these pictures seem a close resemblance.
The drive's extra usb cable is very short so I almost couldn't connect
it to any USB ports.

Fortunately this motherboard has an extra USB9/10 port located near the
processor and the cable was just long enough to reach it. Had it been a
few millimeters or 1 centimeter shorter then it couldn't have reached
it ! So hopefully mitsumi will increase the length of their cables in
the future.

So I think I got lucky but I am not yet sure. The motherboard's manual
says USB 9/10 is also used/shared with the USB 9 port and wifi for the
wifi models... I have the delux model. So I haven't tested it yet... I
don't know what the motherboard's manual means....
Does this mean USB9 port can't be used ? Or is it shared ? I don't
know. But soon I'll find out

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/revie...oppy/index.htm

HTH,

Dictionary tells me: Hope this helps.

Yup it definetly helped me because even the website does not explain
exactly what to do...

Well building this PC took quite some time yesterday I already spended
like 3 to 4 hours on it... ofcourse I had to do other things as well,
today I spent so time cleaning up all the boxes and plastics and moving
old pc etc. So the dream pc is still not completely done. Yesterday for
the first time it booted into the bios... quite cool... actually at the
same time the doorbell went so I actually missed it the first time !
What are they odds of that happening ! Well the startup screen flies
by real fast so I would have missed it the second, third and all the
other times as well... I did look quite cool like Alife sign etc...
I ll have a closer look later... I'll also try to pause it with pause
button.

Fortunately the USB UltraX keyboard is also working in the bios.

The first time I tried booting I didn't get any screen... I had plugged
the EZ plug with an extra power connector... This however is not
necessary as indicated by the motherboard's manual... if a 20 pin + 4
pin connector is used. It's only necessary for older 20 pin
motherboards I guess. So that explained why I didn't get any screen. I
was getting a bit worried that sli was causing the problem or one of
the cards was dead or something but so far everything seems well.

However getting screws into the holes to attach the graphics cards and
the rest too is a bit of a problem... the holes in the metal should
have been a little bit bigger. So now I ll have to screw them in
sideways to have a little bit of grip going on.

Well I have to much stuff to write about I ll save it for another time
because this is not the right thread hehehe.

All I can say when I look at the inside of the case is: Holy hi-tech
batman ! =D

Also when I turn on the case all the fans are blowing air it makes me
go: Hole windtunnel batman !

Holy cables batman !

Also the case seems to vibrate a bit.

Holy vibrations batman !

Also the case caused a scratch on my expensive good looking wooden
table... (that's a little goddamn right there... because I was planning
to put the case on the table... it's quite a big scratch too... like 1
millimeter deep and 3 to 4 centimeters long or so. But for this
computer it's worth it and a nice reminder hehe... fortunately it will
probably disappear under the keyboard... but the prospect of having
more scratches is definetly not cool. So that's a big minus for the
case. It should have had nice fluffy thing on the bottom so it doesnt
cause scratches... For now I am using some newspapers and magazines to
prevent further scratches. I might replace those with toilet paper for
each foot... it has 4 foots. Toiletpaper will probably look jaky ! So I
might have to go search for a better solutions... because the
toiletpaper could sux balls.

For the rest the case is looking very cool. I actually like the
blackness with the silver in the front... it looks like an expensive
IBM mainframe or the fricking knightrider/kitt hehehe. It also has a
nice back... a big fan grid and a power grid...

Oh yeah... when I first started installing the case I almost freaked
out. The asus motherboard has a different layout/back with different
connectors which didn't fit in the case. The keyboard/mouse/audio
jacks/ports/holes etc where located in a different position so it
didn't fit if you get what I am saying. That was very worrieing.

The asus motherboard came with a special replacement for it... so I
thought maybe the back grid stuff can be pulled out I took a close look
and I thought yeah it can probably be pushed... and fortunately it did
push out. So I simply replaced it with the grid thingy that came with
the case... Such a relief... because I would have hated it if I had to
send the case back... I already spent one whole week because I had to
change supplier etc.
So big fewwww there

Oh yeah there is one more little thing worrieing me... I took a look at
the back of the cooler which goes onto the cpu. A little dust particle
landed on it. So I took my little nail and removed it, but it left a
little scare... so I actually scrapped of a little tiny spot of thermal
interface material. It was a tiny spot... I am just hoping that the
thermal interface materiel will get distributed across the chip when I
pressed the cooler on it. So I am a bit worried that my CPU might burn
through at that little spot. I think not but it was me little bit
worried. Though I still decided to run with it... because the spreading
of the material was much better than I could ever do it myself with
"artic silver 5" tube.

I also checked AMD's website for recommended thermal interface
material. It was kinda hard to find it... I finally did find something.
It doesn't mention "artic silver 5".
It also warns that using different material can be dangerous for some
reason. Because of heat or some kind of other reason having to do with
stickness of the materials used as well as the cpu etc... if I am not
mistaken. I also read other people's comments that they used artic
silver 5 or were planning to use it... but ofcourse I am not going to
take any changes just based on a few comments hehe. In the future
however I might use artic silver 5 just to see if it lowers the
temperature... having some confirmation if this is safe to do would be
nice.

Well now I have some free hours to work on my dream PC... so I am going
to work on it some more... it's almost done I guess.

I only have to figure out which way to place the IDE CD/DVD drive's
cable... yeah... because there are a number of possibilities...

The cable has 2 end plugs... I probably used the wrong end plug. I used
the middle end plug. I probably need to use the last end plug. I have
no other IDE devices.

Another possibility is that I am using to wrong port on the
motherboard. So far I have tried secondary ide port. Maybe I should use
the primary ide port.

Asus also labelled the three cables. One cable is labelled as floppy
drive cable. The other cable is labelled harddisk cable. The third
cable is labbeled cd rom cable.

However I think both cables the harddisk cable and the cd rom cable are
the same kind of cable, so I fail to see the point of this ???!!!???

If they hadn't labeled the cables I would have just connected the cd
rom to the primary port... maybe that's the correct solution so far I
dont know.

So let's sum it up.

The cable has 2 possibilities.
The motherboard has 2 possibilities.

So that's 4 possibilities.

Finally I might have to use the harddisk cable which is unlikely but a
newby could believe very maybe think this so that would leave 8
possibilities.

But 4 possibilities is more realistic. This is still unfortunate
because now I have to pick up the case at least 2 times giving
probability statistics... the case has become quite heavy with all the
component in it so this cost lot's of energy I already spent a lot of
energy yesterday figuring out the video problem.

The video/monitor wasn't working... it said check cables...

I have 2 graphics cards... each has 2 dvi connectors. One of the
manuals.. probably the xfx manual said to connect to the bottom card
and on the right side if looking at the back of the card. This didn't
work.

So I had 4 possibilities to check.

Maybe the monitor didn't support dvi, unlike but still.

So I also tried the dvi-to-vga cable.

So that's another 4 possibilities.

Then I tried the dvi to dvi cable again. Maybe I had to switch the
cable around.

so that's another 4 possibilities.

(I actually switch to vga to connect my old computer lol... everything
was a total mess at that point lol... but today I moved my computer so
switching is no longer necessary... right now I am behind my old
monitor and computer which is really nice )

Nothing worked. So finally I decided to pull out one graphics card...
maybe sli was not working.

So then I booted and then it worked. So then I knew it was some kind of
problem with the graphics card/sli stuff. I couldn't believe that one
of the graphics cards was dead... that would be unlikely so the only
card were some static electricy happened when I scratched against the
back of the metal because I couldn't get these stupid little locks open
at the back of the pci-e express slot... Those are pretty stupid locks
hehe... so fortunately I could look at how it worked at the other
slot... I did that before installing the second card so I was lucky I
could look at the second slot at the lock.. highly recommended to look
at locks first because it worked the opposite as I expected it would. I
thought I had to pull on the lock outwards but the reality is I had to
push on it just a little bit and then the card would come out real
easy...

So I didn't believe that it was a dead card or anything... I also
looked into the bios if I had to enable any options or so... this
didn't seem to be the case.. there is this graphics card selection or
something but it didn't look to relevant for this problem.

So finally I figured it out via the motherboard manual... So I
unplugged the ez plug as described aboved... then I booted... then
doorbell went and as I walked to the door I noticed in the corner of my
eye that the video signal was working for the first time lol =D
By the way it was a prank doorbell... it happened the day before too
probably by different person that was kid searching for his grandma...
however this time it kinda seemed like somebody almost planned it
lol who's knows !? Yeah who knnnooowss

Man the boot screen sure looked big on the widescreen... it's kinda
strange because I set the monitor to one-on-one that means now
scaling... Maybe the monitor uses/has different settings depending on
the video signal that could be kinda cool.

Also I believe the monitor is near perfection. It's designed really
well and it's pretty stable. The only thing that ****es me off is the
glitter effect. I haven't had to chance to see if DVI versus VGA makes
any difference in that but soon I ll report on that =D

Soon I ll have windows xp 64 bit running I hope though lol. So then
I'll be able to test some stuff

Yeah one last thing to report about...

Everything is really stinky. I don't know why it's stinky... Maybe it
still has the air/smell of the factory where it was produced... or
maybe it's just the material itself. Or maybe it's a combination of
both.

There is another concern of me. The airflow over the harddisk is from
right to left. That's the correct way according to the chieftec website
and I agree with that. The hottest point of the harddisk is probably
the power connecter at the left... so it's wise to blow in cool air and
have it exit it at the left to prevent the hot air from going over any
chips.

However my concern is that this air will now get blow out at the left
and I would like to place the case at the right. So that could mean
that the air will get blown into my face and I could inhale it.

The problem with that is that these PCB's could have little molecules
coming of of them when their first used etc... and these materials
could case long cancer etc... so I rather not inhale any air that's
coming from my case... at least not the first days of usage.

So at least for the first few days of usage I will place my case at the
left of the table and have a good venting of my place going on

Also I have been bitching about the changed look of the UltraX
keyboard... but now that I have unwrapped it and it's sitting on my
desk... with all the sticky plastic removed to protect it during
transport etc.. it still looks quite good. I also already had the
pleasure to type a bit on it when I was in the manual and I believe
it's going to be utter sweetness for my fingers =D

Yes my fingers are in for quite a treat =D

One last thing to write about is the remaining equipment etc... I might
have to go find a bigger box to store all the left overs in and the
manuals and cd's etc. I was kinda hoping to use the asus motherboard
box to place all the left overs in... because then I know what belong
to that pc and the box kinda looks cool.. however the elite-pro
soundcard box looked even cooler and was taller so more room but I
couldn't use it because I have to keep the carton stuff that was inside
in case the card dies... so I can sent it back in it's original box
which is a requirement for RMA

Though maybe if I can roll everything neatly up it might still fit in
the asus box...

Ofcourse I am not yet completely done. I still have two slots at the
top over which I could use to mount a midi port or extra usb ports or
maybe some other port... it looks like a vga port I am not exactly sure
what that is.. maybe it's the midi port or something dont know yet.

Always I think I was kinda surprised I am not sure... I can't
remember...

I thought that the graphics card would be squeezed together but that's
not the case.

There is one slot of room between them... Maybe I was confused with the
a-bit an8 motherboard which probably had that bad layout... the asus
motherboard actually has quite a good layout when it comes to sli and
dual slot graphics cards .

However I had no other free pci slots... So I have no choice but to
place the X-FI Elite-Pro soundcard in the middle. Fortunately it's a
lot smaller so there should still be enough room for airflow =D

I was also kinda surprised when the system powered up... first of all
because of the noise that s normal I think and because of the airflow
and just in general hehe but also because the X-Fi Elite Pro has a blue
led on it which says "X-Fi" it kinda looks like neon lighting... it s
kinda small so it's not annoying or anything it s just kinda
surprised... I probably read about it in a review (I am pretty sure
about that) but I forgot about it

I think placing neon lights inside a case is kinda dumb you know.. It's
not like a street or anything. However the funny thing is... corsair
also has these cool memory modules with lights on them so I would have
loved to see my 4GB of ram lit up.. just for the kick of it

Also I am not exactly sure what the best mounting would be... the 4
sticks should be identical... However it are paired sticks... so they
came 2 + 2.

I simply placed the first two sticks on the left side in black and blue
slot. Then I placed the second two sticks on the right side... again
black and blue slot.

I think I did it correct because it seems logical for 4 sticks at
least. So I hope I did it correctly

Figuring out how to build my system was also quite challenging... what
should I start with ? what to first place into the case ?

Well I think the best advice would be to start easy... I started with
mounting two extra fans on the special grid that came with the case for
the harddisk section.

Then I placed the motherboard inside the case because I really felt the
need to figure out how to place all the cables which is pretty
important because some might be short or whatever... so placing the
motherboard in it at an early staged felt good but ofcourse is a bit
risky if you drop things or anything.. so just dont do that... and it
helps one to understand where everything should go etc... then I simply
decided to start with the easy things like harddisk, floppy drive and
cd/dvd combo drive.

That combo drive or should I say the case was giving troubles. The
cd/dvd combo drive almost didn't fit... It went in for 75% procent and
then simply blocked. It seemed the combo drive was a bit to wide for
the case. Or put it in different words the case was a little bit
misvormed. The case seemed to have been used by somebody else before me
as well... there was one metal thing missing which I was supposed to
break off... the case also had a little very tiny little dot/scratch at
the front... kinda annoying but ok.
The fact that somebody might have used my case doesn't bother me at
all... except for the little scratch ofcourse

When I extracted the case I was a bit worried because it had this lock
on the side... I was like where the **** are the keys ? because that
was the only thing that came out...
So I still had to open the side panels etc and then I found this little
carton box that contain some extra material like screws and these
golden little round things/sockets which I quickly figured out are
supposed to hold up the motherboard from the case to prevent short
circuits which a salesperson once told me a story about some sucker how
kept frieing the motherboards hehe. I am really happy with the case
because it has these great little holes which are just perfect to mount
these golden thingies/screws in... which hold up the motherboard. There
are also markers to help you figure out where to screw them in like A,
B, C, D, E.... A is for ATX format... B, C,D,E probably for other
formats like micro-ATX/BTX or whatever... There were also 4 golden
things pre-installed probably to help you understand that these things
are supposed to go there.

I had enough of these things to install all 9 pins... etc great
improvement compared to my 7 years old crappy case from my local store
which is a totally ****ed up case where I even had to consult my dad if
he had any washer to keep up the motherboard... so I am really happy
with the new case it's a great improvement. Anyway back to the story...
the cd/dvd rom didn't fit... I was starting to freak/panic out a bit...
I was starting to jam it a bit... etc... Finally I decided to pull on
the metal frame of the case on the inside and this appeared to be the
solution... I just had to pull the metal frame appeared for like half a
millimeter or something and then finally the cd/dvd rom drive
slided/fitted in... what a relief that was ! =D Another happy smile on
my face =D

So far everything has gone well/perfect even mounting the smart card
reader/floppy drive was gone well (thanks to this read )

So now I ll mention some other complains... the cables of the power
supply are a bit shorter this is probably because my case is a bit
longer than normal cases so that it could fit the larget e-atx formats
as well... the second reason is because the harddisks are now turned 90
degrees. So the cables have to travel a bit further. Fortunately for me
I only ordered 2 drives and both can be reached easily with the
connectors.. However feature harddisk might prove to be a problem or
maybe not... maybe the extra connectors will still mount properly.

The sata connectors only fit one way so they are easy to connect. Each
cable only has 2 pairs of connectors so no figuring out has to be done.

I do have a complaints about the sata connectors... They are a bit
longer and stand up straight so to speak. I almost couldn't close the
case.. fortunately it does fit but it's millimeter work Lucky me

Also one sata connector was touching the top graphics card's
heatsink... so I didn't feel comfortable with that so I placed it at
sata port 4 it seemed... but the bios reported it as port 6... probably
because of two other ports located higher up... one external sata
connector and an additional sata connector so it seems... Maybe this is
a mistake of the bios because I could have sworn that the 4 connectors
which are near to each other read sata1,sata2,sata3,sata4...

Yup I just checked... so this might be a bios bug... the bios might
have swapped sata port 6 with sata port 4... not sure though... I'll
let asus figure it out or maybe it's auto port assignment I dont
know... but this could be confusing and dangerous when trying to use
raid or something... but I dont plan on using it so at least that
doesnt concern me to much

I am really statisfied with the number of usb ports and firewire ports
and sata ports etc... it seems to be more than enough for me and
probably most people... I wonder what the maximum number of usb ports
is that anybody has ever used hehe. Maybe some musician or photo/film
freak or so or combination or so I dont know

As mentioned by some other review two audio connectors are placed under
the graphics cards... one audio connector is probably to be used for
connecting the cd/dvd rom drive so that cd's can be played from that
drive... I dont really plan to do that but it would be a nice
feature... however my elite-pro soundcard didn't come with such a
cable... nor did that ben-q 1655 drive ! go figure ! those cheap
*******s hehehe.

Fortunately my old soundblaster 16... or was it the live ? came with
such an audio cable... it's in my old pentium which is now out-of-use
in my spare/equipment room
Maybe I'll report it out later or so but for now I am not bothering
with it. I dont really need it. The other connector is an auxilery
connector... I am not sure what this is used for... or maybe this is
the port for the cd/dvd drive... so that means the other port is for
input or something... All these audio port s can be quite confusing..
my soundblaster also has 2 audio ports which I dont know what their
used for... Good thing is that they have a different socket because I
didn't know where to plug in the extra power so I attempted to connect
it there... that would have been very bad... the real power connector
is at the back of the card where it says "power" It was a bit hard
for me to see when the card was already plugged in so initially I
missed it

I am also happy I dont need to use ez-plug/connector because this
leaves one free power cable to be used for something else... However I
think I already used this cable to connect to my x-fi soundblaster so
that worked out pretty good. The soundblaster came with this special
power connector to use the old power connector. So now I have one free
sata connector cable/bunch etc.. I think I'll leave the old power
connector in just in case etc I would to expand in the future... then I
dont have to search any extension cables.. who knows I might even
forget about that in the future so better to leave it in.. unless it
could cause problems feeding the soundblaster with power... I dont
think that though... power is power right

Another little worry is the audio front panel connector/header. I
connected it to my case audio connector which has this special cable
and feature on the front where mic and headphone can be plugged in... I
probably dont need those features because my surround sound speakers
and elite-pro rack and other boxes have those features.

Well that's another little complain or whatever. First of all the rack
that came with the soundblaster is HUGE. I wish it was twice as small
that would be nice.
Second of all now I have some many audio connections it's fricking
insane... At this point I dont understand why the soundblaster came
with this extra rack... I probably forgot lol.. it's probably for extra
input/output options... Well I'll soon (have to ) figure this out
what this is all about =D.

The last thing I can write about and ask a question about is about the
power supply... It comes with this 8 pin power connector 4x2 pins... I
don't know what it's for... my motherboard doesn't have any use for it

The last thing I can bitch about is the phase shifter it's kinda weakly
attached when I touch it it easily moves so I have to be carefull not
to break it off when I attempted to lift the motherboard... lifting the
motherboard out of the box was kinda handy thanks to the bag... simply
pick it up via the bag... otherwise it might have been difficult to get
your fingers under it.

I also needed to install the power supply to understand if the power
supply came with a special plug which goes into the power fan header on
the motherboard... it did !

So I had to connect my additional 120 millimeter fan to the
chassis_fan1.

Why do they call it chassis instead of case ? Oh well Everything is
a case I guess... but a chassis is the outside case hehe.

Oh my god I just noticed I have 6 audio plugs at the back of my case...
lol ofcourse I knew this already... it just to point out I have so many
audio connections it's fricking crazy LOL.

Well I have nothing else further to bitch about...

So I'll just end up with some complements to the asus manual which did
help me good and warned me to not do certain things... like don't
connect the firewire to usb or vice versa.

Actually something just popped into my mind to bitch about a little:

The color coding of the cables of the chassis do not match the color
coding of the asus motherboard.

The motherboard has red firewire headers/ports and blue usb
headers/ports.

The case has a blue usb cable and a black firewire cable and a yellow
audio cable.

So a stupid person might connec the blue usb cable to the red firewire
port which might be dangerous and cause damage ?

Fortunately I am not a complete idiot lol... and I payed carefull
attention.

Fortunately the case cable's connectors have a label on it saying it's
USB. Hopefully they didn't label it wrongly.... if they did my
motherboard would probably have fried about now because I already
successfully entered the bios

I dont know who to blame for this hehehehehe. I do like the color
coding of asus... Firewire sounds hot and therefore should be red...
and USB ends with a B and should be blue and it also sounds cool and
kinda reminds me of bluetooth etc... so let it be red and blue for
firewire and usb... So chieftec should start paying some attention to
that =D Maybe their bravo series is just a bit old as somebody else
wrote... but just a bit It still seems pretty modern to me yup.

Well that's it kids, boys and older busters.

I already spent one hour writing about this.. Gjeeeezz loissss.

Well now me really go work some more on it and then I hit the sack

Tomorrow I should have it all up and running... Oh god sweetness around
the corner hehehehe.. or will it be noise hell... time will telllll. Or
mayb even bug hell but I dont expect that

Bye,
BYEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Skybuck =D

Wihihihihih. Beep BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPpppppppppppp Over and Out.

Oh yeah I just remembered one more thing to bitch about.

ASUS DID NOT MENTION THE BEEP CODES !

I did not get any video/monitor screen and I heard ONE BEEP.

So I had to surf the internet to find out what this ment.

It ment everything is OK.

This is actually not true because I did not have any video signal...

So an improvement would be that the asus motherboard or bios... makes a
few BEEEPS BEEPS BEEPS when the EZ plug is connected when it shouldn't
have been.

Maybe the asus motherboard can't detect that... Because I think if it
was possible they surely would have added such a feature ???

So maybe only the graphics cards can detect that... So jusssstt
maybe... Justttt maybe the graphics cards should have a little beeper
as well lol... But maybe that's over the top

Something to think about for the next generation or maybe not because
it won't be an issue then ?

Bye,
BYEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee
Skybuck.

Old April 14th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Skybuck wrote:

This is what I wrote:

"
All I wanted was a ****ing windows xp 32 bit driver... and here I was
downloading cd's getting all kinds of crap installed... they asking me
for personal information etc, etc, etc, etc. I am still ****ing ****ed
as those ****ers... because the card is still not working. Somewhere
it

says like it needs PCI 2.2 or 66 mhz or something so I dont know if my
old pc and the new card will ever work together.
"

Well I finally have that network card working in my old computer as
well.

I think the problem was simply that the card wasn't fitted right.

I have turned 2.0 with mny BIOS. 2.1 can do my Board but 2.2 is
Internet ISP, dear new Usenet User.

Or try some other groups related to networking hardwqare-stuff :-.))

Even that, Version 2 is also working in my PC. 2.0 or 2, what's the
difference?

Using more than a PCI-NIC for serious Internetting, is nothing at all.
The some hundred kb from the ISP can be managed easy, even with ISA.
Not to mention ISDN and such, which needs no NIC at all.

Be Happy!"

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic