GA-K8NXP-SLI F9 BIOS - Good things ... eventually! :o)

Old September 19th 05, 06:01 PM
BillL

Default GA-K8NXP-SLI F9 BIOS - Good things ... eventually! :o)

Hi,

Just to report that with the F9 Bios I can run Cucial Ballistix 4x512 MB
sticks @ 200MHz (400DDR) when the previous highest it would reliably run was
180MHz. I always thought the 4 populated DIMM slots and not being able to
run RAM at 200MHz was an something I'd have to put up with. Anyone else
noticed this?

There were some problems initially however. I used WinFlash to update from
F7 and initially the PC would not boot (series of long bleeps until I
reset/turned the PC off). I then removed the battery and the 'puter posted
fine ... until a disk read error. Fiddled around with the BIOS and SATA
cable placements (really just fumbling in the poor light of ignorance! ;o)
and eventually things were back to normal.

Then again I guess most peeps have already upgraded and are running X2's?

Old September 21st 05, 04:36 AM
ScotsLucky

"" wrote:
[...]

No if you used 4 stick into 4 slots then the motherboard control as
default as auto so you can change to 200mhz as manual - if you used 2
stick then it run at 200mhz... I leave it to control from 180mhz to
212mhz as it still running lots quicker (I used FX-55 San Diego on
K8NXP-9)...

Go to BIOS Setup Screen and change from auto to 200mhz so find out if
it run ok... I leave as auto to control itself and I used Cool N Quiet
as well.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62326.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314103
Old September 21st 05, 09:27 AM
BillL

"ScotsLucky" wrote in message
news:7_314103_76c85061d1b03d28259ca3a250d9eccc@har dwareforumz.com...

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
request
Topic URL:
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62326.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314103

Yes, but when I was running the F7 BIOS the PC would not boot into WinXP if
I set the mem for 200 MHz the max I could get was around 180. So maybe it
was just a combo of the CPU (A64 3200+ some of the mem controllers are a bit
flaky?) 4 sticks of RAM & the F7 BIOS.