How to set Default DNS Servers?

Old January 9th 05, 08:15 PM
Jim B

Default How to set Default DNS Servers?

My O/S is Win98SE, whenever I bootup if my IP Confugration screen is
other than "64.126.4.189" I cannot get online with Linksys router. I need to
"run" winipcfg.exe to "Release All and Renew All" to obtain the exact DNA
Servers.

Where and how to set "64.126.4.189" as default address once and for all,
without the need to "Renew All" at every startup. I have update the router's
firmware and it's not a router problems. My other computer connected to this
router is trouble free with O/S WinXP.

Thank you in advance... I really need help.

Old January 11th 05, 01:31 AM
jpsga

"Jim B" wrote in message

My O/S is Win98SE, whenever I bootup if my IP Confugration screen is
other than "64.126.4.189" I cannot get online with Linksys router. I need
"run" winipcfg.exe to "Release All and Renew All" to obtain the exact DNA
Servers.

Where and how to set "64.126.4.189" as default address once and for all,
without the need to "Renew All" at every startup. I have update the
router's
firmware and it's not a router problems. My other computer connected to
this
router is trouble free with O/S WinXP.

Thank you in advance... I really need help.

Do you mean that you can't talk to the router using 192.168.1.1 or that you
can't get to your home page?
JPS

Old January 11th 05, 03:26 PM
Rev

Jim,

You set the IP address, DNS, etc. for the NIC.

Go to your Network settings, choose the NIC you are using and the
double-click it.

Once the NIC is open, go to TCP/IP properties for the NIC and choose
properties.

When the TCP/IP properties are open, you will set when you can select to get
IP, DNS, etc. automagically or whether to fill them in.

Hope this helps.

Rev