Question about the new pentium processors

Old February 16th 04, 12:32 AM
Rut

Default Question about the new pentium processors

It's my understanding that the 865PE chipset (Asus P4P800) will work
with the new Pentium "E" processors as well as the "C" processors. I
was under the assumption that there would be a different socket for
the newer chip??

Any info?

THanks,
RUt
Old February 16th 04, 05:28 AM
Jim in Canada

From what I have heard the first ones will fit the 478 pin MB's. Similar to
when the PIII's first came out made to fit the slot 1 PII motherboards, then
changed to 370 pin boards....

Jim

om...

Old February 16th 04, 01:07 PM
Rut

"Jim in Canada" wrote in message news:lyYXb.510542
Does anyone know if the new socket will require a new motherboard
chipset or will we possibly still be able to use the current chipset
with a cpu adapter board?

Rut

$JQ1.338734@pd7tw1no...
From what I have heard the first ones will fit the 478 pin MB's. Similar to
when the PIII's first came out made to fit the slot 1 PII motherboards, then
changed to 370 pin boards....

Jim

om...