A7V600's DIMM spec misleading in ASUS site?

Old January 11th 04, 02:59 AM
Ramesh

Default A7V600's DIMM spec misleading in ASUS site?

This about the number PC3200 that can go with ASUS A7V600

ASUS site say "PC3200 up to 2 DIMMs only"

ASUS A7V600 manual(page 1-13) says "PC3200 maximum 2 banks only"

All the PC3200 512MB rams are DS, means is made up of 2 banks.
It means, I can use ONLY 512MB at 400Mhz and rest of the memory runs
at lower frequency. If this is correct(pls correct me if I am wrong),
I feel ASUS site is misleading. By reading ASUS site, I was under the
impression that I can use atleast two 512Mb PC3200 rams.

How banks of PC3200, A7N8X-E Deluxe supports?

Thanks
Ramesh
Old January 12th 04, 12:22 AM
Wazza

"Ramesh" wrote in message
om...
This about the number PC3200 that can go with ASUS A7V600

ASUS site say "PC3200 up to 2 DIMMs only"

ASUS A7V600 manual(page 1-13) says "PC3200 maximum 2 banks only"

All the PC3200 512MB rams are DS, means is made up of 2 banks.
It means, I can use ONLY 512MB at 400Mhz and rest of the memory runs
at lower frequency. If this is correct(pls correct me if I am wrong),
I feel ASUS site is misleading. By reading ASUS site, I was under the
impression that I can use atleast two 512Mb PC3200 rams.

How banks of PC3200, A7N8X-E Deluxe supports?

Thanks
Ramesh

Solution is simple. Use 2 sticks of single sided ram of whatever size turns
you on. EG, 2x 256 or 2x 512.