Radeon 9800Pro - can it support 1680x1050 resolution?

Old August 19th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
PM

Default Radeon 9800Pro - can it support 1680x1050 resolution?

I am thinking of getting this for a second monitor:

However, I can't find a definitive answer on whether or not its
"recommended" resolution of 1680x1050 is supported by a 256MB Radeon
9800Pro. I have heard that some of the cards from this "previous"
generation don't support all of the widescreen resolutions. I have also
heard that there's some program called powerstrip that can force cards
into supporting these resolutions as long as there's enough VRAM
(wouldn't be much of an issue).

Can anyone provide a solid answer before I take a $300 gamble? I really
don't want to run an LCD monitor in a non-native resolution. Thanks.
Old August 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
PM

PM wrote:
I am thinking of getting this for a second monitor:

However, I can't find a definitive answer on whether or not its
"recommended" resolution of 1680x1050 is supported by a 256MB Radeon
9800Pro. I have heard that some of the cards from this "previous"
generation don't support all of the widescreen resolutions. I have also
heard that there's some program called powerstrip that can force cards
into supporting these resolutions as long as there's enough VRAM
(wouldn't be much of an issue).

Can anyone provide a solid answer before I take a $300 gamble? I really
don't want to run an LCD monitor in a non-native resolution. Thanks.

OK, never mind...I searched through the reviews on newegg and a couple
confirmed that it runs fine with the 9800Pro through DVI.