Pentium 4 2.4B

Old February 29th 04, 03:31 PM
natural_4u

Default Pentium 4 2.4B

Is this CPU any good for overclocking?

Old February 29th 04, 06:50 PM
ElJerid

"natural_4u" wrote in message
newsBn0c.649707$ts4.201346@pd7tw3no...
Is this CPU any good for overclocking?

It's the best one. Check with CPU-Z for the stepping. This gives you some
data about the max speed for your CPU (do a Google for more info about how
to interprete the figures).

Old February 29th 04, 07:04 PM
Skid

"ElJerid" wrote in message

"natural_4u" wrote in message
newsBn0c.649707$ts4.201346@pd7tw3no...
Is this CPU any good for overclocking?

It's the best one. Check with CPU-Z for the stepping. This gives you some
data about the max speed for your CPU (do a Google for more info about how
to interprete the figures).

Note he said P4 "B" 2.4 (533 fsb.) It's a good overclocker, but the P4C 2.4
(800 fsb,) is a better performer and a better overclocker. If the
motherboard will support it, the "C" is a wiser choice.

Old February 29th 04, 07:36 PM
Clock´n Roll

You should be able to OC with standart cooling
Probably 3.2.

Old February 29th 04, 08:25 PM
Clint

My 2.4B is running at 3.06 without taking any "extraordinary" measures like
liquid cooling. Running at 1.6V, though.

Clint

Old February 29th 04, 11:06 PM
Clint

With the cover of my computer on, they were running at 45 degrees celcius at
idle. With it off, it was running at 38. Add about 15 degrees for load
temps.

Clint

Old March 1st 04, 05:56 PM
Ed Forsythe

As Skid said, the 2.4C would be a better choice.
--
Tally Ho!
Ed

Old March 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"Skid" wrote in message

"ElJerid" wrote in message

"natural_4u" wrote in message
newsBn0c.649707$ts4.201346@pd7tw3no...
Is this CPU any good for overclocking?

It's the best one. Check with CPU-Z for the stepping. This gives you

some
data about the max speed for your CPU (do a Google for more info about

how
to interprete the figures).

Note he said P4 "B" 2.4 (533 fsb.) It's a good overclocker, but the P4C

2.4
(800 fsb,) is a better performer and a better overclocker. If the
motherboard will support it, the "C" is a wiser choice.

Me had mine up to 3.2 Something? Full stable, yes. vcore 1.6 Volts
Had to think about that a bit, I rebuilt that one for my mom.
Asus MB P4PE

Old March 2nd 04, 04:51 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"natural_4u" wrote in message
newsBn0c.649707$ts4.201346@pd7tw3no...
Is this CPU any good for overclocking?

Very true, & they don't cost that much anymore.
I've got a 2.6 @ 3.23, I can go further, but need a sound card.
Onboard cuts out @ about 3.24? heh?
Somewhere around, or above where I am now.
PC2100 Ram cant go any further then 331, but with what I get out of the 330
@ 165.6 MHz
Sandra 2004Pro reports 4,500 & then some on both sides, sometimes a little
less.
CPU test is 9,800 and some change. something like, hm,, 9,867 MIPS

Hm, why not just say BIPS : Like 9.8 BIPS?
Denny. :-) blah blah blah,, ;-)