SATA drives?

Old March 2nd 04, 08:33 PM
atwifa

Default SATA drives?

does anyone know of a site showing comparisons for the various SATA disks on
the market? specifically, i'm looking for the quietest 80-120GB model.
obvously, good performance would be a bonus
tia

Old March 2nd 04, 10:56 PM
atwifa

cheers skid

"Skid" wrote in message
WWW.STORAGEREVIEW.COM

Old March 3rd 04, 01:27 PM
Malcolm Function

"atwifa" wrote in message
does anyone know of a site showing comparisons for the various SATA disks

on
the market? specifically, i'm looking for the quietest 80-120GB model.
obvously, good performance would be a bonus
tia

Checkout http://www.silentpcreview.com/ for all things quiet.

Suspect you'll find that the Samsung SP0812C is about your best bet, and
probably the cheapest 80Gb SATA drive as well. I've got the 160Gb version
and it's silent once enclosed, and faster than any drive I've ever had.

Old March 3rd 04, 03:27 PM
Courseyauto

If you dont mind spending the money,the WD raptor 76 GB 10,000 rpm
is the fastest SATA drive available. I have a Raptor drive and it is very fast
and mine is totally silent. DOUG

Samsung SATA drives Personic General 0 February 6th 05 07:52 PM
are SATA drives cooler to the touch than IDE? AFN General 12 October 28th 04 07:45 PM
SATA Drives and Raid MrB General 2 June 2nd 04 01:08 AM
SATA Drives and Heat Richard Alexander General 18 April 20th 04 04:13 AM
How good are SATA drives compared to IDE drives? Dunny Rummy General 1 February 12th 04 08:03 PM