Epson 1280 color management problem

Old November 24th 03, 07:14 AM
Vadim Kin

Default Epson 1280 color management problem

The short of it is that when I use profiles from Photoshop, the print comes
out way too red-magenta. I am not talking a subtle color cast, no, it is
way too red.

The problem occurs with a profile I made with Monaco EasyColor, and with the
canned profile I downloaded from the Epson site. Both are for the premium
glossy paper.

I use Photoshop CS on Windows XP Pro SP1. I also tried it with Photoshop 6
on the same system - same results. The same problem occurs with Epson 820,
although Epson does not supply profiles for it, but Ian Lyons seems to think
that the 810 profiles are compatible with the 820.

I use Photoshop to color manage my printing. The procedure is:

1. View - Proof setup - Custom, then choose the printer profile
2. File - Print with preview, then check Show More Options, and on the Color
Management pane set Source Space to Proof, Print Space to "Same As Source"
Profile.
3. Hit Print, select the right printer, then hit Properties
4. In the Properties dialog, select the right paper, then choose "Custom"
mode, and on the Advanced tab set Color Management to "No Color Adjustment".
5. Also check Print Preview checkbox

When the preview window appears, the colors are too red, and that is the way
the image will print. This seems to rule out a hardware problem with the
printer (clogged nozzles, etc.). Besides, the 820 has the same problem.

I realize that I can have the printer driver (and not Photoshop) color
manage my printing (and this does *not* produce the red color cast) but that
precludes me from using my profile, as well as non-Epson papers that require
non-Epson profiles. I also realize that the profile I made with EasyColor
will not get me very far. I intend to have one professionally made, but
want to solve the problem before I pay someone to make a profile for me.

Thanks in advance.

Vadim

Old November 24th 03, 10:42 PM
W. W. Schwolgin

"Vadim Kin" wrote in message news:6diwb.219883$275.834579@attbi_s53...
[...]

Vadim,

one clue is to use the same printer settings, that have been used to
produce the print for generating the profile.
What is the name of the epson profile? Is it a special profile for the
paper? or is it some kind of generic profile used for alle Epson
papers?
How did you print the target for the Monaco EasyColor profile? You
have to use the same setting in the driver.

Winfried

Epson Perfection 1250 problem Thibault Scanners 2 January 2nd 04 02:23 PM
Epson 1270 problem Linda B Printers 5 November 21st 03 04:26 PM
Epson Stylus Color 600 printing problem Dilbert Firestorm Printers 0 October 15th 03 05:00 AM
Epson 880 problem 4 LED's blinking Browser485 Printers 0 October 14th 03 10:00 PM
Epson 760 - banding problem MB Printers 0 July 4th 03 01:13 PM