Swapping monitor1 and monitor2

Old November 10th 03, 11:57 PM
bowgus

Default Swapping monitor1 and monitor2

MSI Geforce 4600, Win 98SE, a Hitachi 752 as monitor1 and an InFocus
projector as monitor2. This is normally the desired configuration so that on
power up, my desktop appears on the Hitachi. I mainly use the projector for
DVD viewing and that' about it. But I like to game on the projector now and
then so I just swap the projector vga cable to the monitor1 port at 1024x768
resolution. Some background ... late last night (why I do these things late
I dunno) I decided to upgrade to the 45.23 drivers ... when all's done, my
desktop appears on the projector (the projector appears as monitor1) ...
arrg ... so I get that straightened away and say to myself ... hmmm ...
there must be an easy way (regedit, I dunno) to force my desktop to run on
either the Hitachi or the InFocus to facilitate gaming, showing slides etc.
Can anybody out there help out ... I've done the rtfm thing ... so no point
in suggesting that :-)

Old November 11th 03, 07:12 AM
tq96

last night (why I do these things late I dunno) I decided to upgrade
to the 45.23 drivers ... when all's done, my desktop appears on the
projector (the projector appears as monitor1) ... arrg ... so I get
that straightened away and say to myself ... hmmm ... there must be an
easy way (regedit, I dunno) to force my desktop to run on either the
Hitachi or the InFocus to facilitate gaming, showing slides etc. Can

Since you are using Win98, you may not be able to do what you wish. If you
go into Display\Settings and see that "Extend my Windows desktop onto this
monitor" enabled for both monitors, then you are stuck...unless you are
willing to make changes.

If you are using NVidia's multimonitor support, then you should be able to
adjust this. Just go into Display\Settings\Advanced\Your Card\NView
Display Mode. Set the "Make this the primary display" option for whichever
monitor you'd like the desktop on.

From what it sounds like, you may want to try the "Clone" option in the
"NView Display Mode" options. This will output the same image to both
displays and change the display settings of the secondary monitor whenever
the settings on the primary monitor change. You can use the "Full Screen
Device" in the "Overlay Controls" to control which monitor DVDs play on.
Old November 11th 03, 08:33 PM
bowgus

It seems that with my Win98, I'm obliged as far as I can tell ... to check
the "Extend my windows desktop ..." box to enable the 2nd display. So I
guess maybe when I updated the drivers, since my projector was on, it
somehow became the primary ... I guess. Anyway, thanks for the help ... I've
got a coupla dual monitor forums to search ... later. thanks again.

"tq96" wrote in message
[...]

From what it sounds like, you may want to try the "Clone" option in the