Earth and Beyond with MSI GF4 Ti 4200 64MB

Old October 25th 03, 05:46 AM
PB

Default Earth and Beyond with MSI GF4 Ti 4200 64MB

This game has the worst video stuttering on my newly rebuilt computer.

I am running a P4 1800 with 1GB of DDR266

1280x1024 and 1024x768 are the same, do I jsut have too little texture ram,
forcing it to go to main memory?

Old October 25th 03, 11:51 AM
Frode

Old October 26th 03, 01:37 AM
PB

"Frode" wrote in message

PB wrote:
This game has the worst video stuttering on my newly rebuilt computer.

I am running a P4 1800 with 1GB of DDR266

1280x1024 and 1024x768 are the same, do I jsut have too little texture
ram, forcing it to go to main memory?

I was in the beta of this game. At the time I had an XP1900+ and a GF3
Ti200 64MB. It was pretty much smooth as silk, even in debris fields etc
with lots going on. In other words, sounds like you should be just fine

as
far as hardware power goes.

I had an Athlon 1100MHz with 256MB RAM on Win98SE and a GF2 MX400 32MB in
E&B beta, and I had the occasional problem with speed, but not much.

Same computer with a GF4 Ti 4200 64MB, 512MB RAM, same OS, had problems with
pauses and stuttering in the current game.

Now I have a Pentium 4 1800MHz, newly built, top grade parts, but with 1GB
DDR266 and the GF4 Ti4200 64MB and WinXP Pro

Maybe I need to change some settings on the video board control panel?

PB

Old October 26th 03, 11:58 AM
Frode

Old October 26th 03, 03:33 PM
PB

"Frode" wrote in message

PB wrote:
I had an Athlon 1100MHz with 256MB RAM on Win98SE and a GF2 MX400 32MB in
E&B beta, and I had the occasional problem with speed, but not much.
Same computer with a GF4 Ti 4200 64MB, 512MB RAM, same OS, had problems
with pauses and stuttering in the current game.
Now I have a Pentium 4 1800MHz, newly built, top grade parts, but with

1GB
DDR266 and the GF4 Ti4200 64MB and WinXP Pro
Maybe I need to change some settings on the video board control panel?

Beats me. Maybe they mucked something up in a patch. I stopped playing
shortly after release so I'm not up to date on current going ons. I take

it
you've verified with other games that it's not a general system problem?

Works fine with anything else I throw at it, I can run EverQuest at
1280x1024 with all models and details on and have SETI@Home running in the
background no problem.

PB

Old October 26th 03, 03:48 PM
Frode

Old October 27th 03, 08:06 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:37:24 -0400, "PB" wrote:

"Frode" wrote in message
.. .

PB wrote:
[...]

Obviously the P4 didn't help...

The programmers might have added some code after the beta stage that
is causing problems... as well as a driver issue.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!