Installing G400-TV on XP

Old August 10th 03, 07:42 PM
ericsan

Default Installing G400-TV on XP

I forget how to install my old tired G400-TV PCI in XP. I've used it
before, and need it now for a backup card until my new one arrives.

I downloaded the G450-TV drivers, and the G400 drivers. Both give me
an error 10 - cannot start.

When i run the setup, it says there is no qualified card - or
something. Can select the G400 at the start of the install.

I remember some program to get around this problem, but can't find it
now.

All i have now is 4-color VGA- yuck!!
Old August 12th 03, 09:51 PM
Alan

Don:
I didn't specifically look for G450-TV drivers, as my cards are G400Max and
G450Max. The site where I found the drivers is,
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...ified/home.cfm There I see a
driver for XP and W2000 5.86.032 for my cards, both operating systems are
using the same driver.

They also have a previous drivers area.
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...rv.cfm#Win2kXP
There you will find many drivers that should work,

Hope this helps,

Alan

"Don Lindbergh" wrote in message
I'm confused. http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm
shows 'none planned -- display support available with OS' under Win XP for
drivers for the
Marvel G400-TV. I don't see the revisions you speak of listed in the
drivers section for the Marvel G400-TV. Are you using Matrox drivers
designed for use with another Matrox card?

--Don
don{at}donlindbergh{dot}com

Old August 12th 03, 10:02 PM
Mojo

There's the rub ... it's the older **TV** cards (G400 TV and G200) that are
un-supported.

Plain old video usage did not cause Matrox any undue problems when porting
to 2000/XP.

But the video capture and (particularly) the MJPEG hardware was the problem.
I'm told that the chip vendor discontinued support for the SDK ... Win98 was
the end of the line. When Matrox tried to roll their own SDK for 2000, they
apparently failed, or found the effort too great. So no support for that.

So, your nice G400 TV card functions like any $5 video card ... okay, the
computer video out is better quality than a $5 video card. But you no longer
have the functionality that you paid extra for.

However, there's a third party (a company?, a corporation?, a lone hacker? I
don't know) who has suitable drivers. They're at http://adis.szm.com

In a private correspondence, one user ( ) told me
that he has been successful with it.

able.rogers.com...

Old August 13th 03, 09:02 PM
Don Lindbergh

Ah, I was confused by the subject line then. I thought you were talking
about the G400-TV card......

--Don

==

Old September 4th 03, 06:18 PM
Dr. Socks

Thanks for the URL (http://adis.szm.com). I was getting a little
****ed off when I realized that switching to XP (which I had to do
because of other hardware) disabled the features I've come to
appreciate about my G400-tv.

Unfortunately I'm only halfway there. The downloads haven't quite
negotiated XP. I keep getting a lack of video memory error when I try
to run PC-VCR. But it's nice to think that there's some hope. Any
other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Old September 5th 03, 12:57 AM
Dr. Socks

Holy ****! It works!!! At the beginning of the installation it tells
you to change your registry options. I didn't catch that the first
time. My second time through I did... And it works. Thanks again
Mojo.