G200 PowerDesk > Scrollable display

Old August 30th 03, 11:35 PM
Fredson

Default G200 PowerDesk > Scrollable display

Hi ... I have the Matrox Millenium G200 installed, it's an older card
from Matrox. When I was using it under Windows NT 4.0, I could choose
in the PowerDesk to double the size horizontally of the display (not
scaling), so you could scroll in your display, the size would then ,if
it was 800/600, be 1600/600,... I'm now using the G200 under Windows
2000 Pro and I can't find the setting anymore to double the screen ...
does anybody know if this is still available, or did they left this
option out ? ... which I hope not !!! because it was ideal when you
don't want to spend money on an extra monitor .... and it was quite
handy also ...

tnx,
eF.
Old August 31st 03, 09:32 AM
Alan

I don't use our G200 in W2000 and I have never seen this setting. I use a
G400 and G450 in W2000 and this setting is available for the dual monitor
feature.

There is a significant change in Matrox drivers around the 5.20 version
(G400) where this was the method of using dual monitors, I believe 2 years
old. Perhaps there was a similar set of drivers for the G200, look in the
archives.

Matrox provides a Tweak utility for custom resolutions, you might want to
look that up on their site.

Alan

om...

Old September 1st 03, 07:11 PM
Fredson

Hi .. tnx for the response ... I was actually referring to the virtual
desktop option the G200 card had, but couldn't remember the exact term
.... ... I also read that after a certain version of PowerDesk
(4.26) ... the virtual desktop option was remove ... but I never found
something if they (Matrox) were putting it back in ...

greets,
eF.

"Alan" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
I don't use our G200 in W2000 and I have never seen this setting. I use a
G400 and G450 in W2000 and this setting is available for the dual monitor
feature.

There is a significant change in Matrox drivers around the 5.20 version
(G400) where this was the method of using dual monitors, I believe 2 years
old. Perhaps there was a similar set of drivers for the G200, look in the
archives.

Matrox provides a Tweak utility for custom resolutions, you might want to
look that up on their site.

Alan

om...