5.2 drivers crashing my system.

Old February 15th 05, 02:51 AM
boe

Default 5.2 drivers crashing my system.

I usally keep my video drivers updated but I missed the first 5.x drivers.
I just updated to 5.2 and now wolfenstein crashes on a regular basis and
some games randomly won't even start. Anyone else having this issue?

Old February 15th 05, 02:54 AM
boe

Oh just in case anyone is curious, I'm running WinXP SP2 with all the latest
patches, Wolfenstein is 1.41, my video card is the ATI 9600. I played
Wolfenstein all the way through about 2 months ago - it didn't crash once.
I haven't moved any hardware or updated any other drivers since then except
this latest ATI driver.

I've turned on and off VPU recover, I set the AGP for 4x. I haven't touched
the fast writes yet although I never had to modify them in the past.

Old February 15th 05, 10:51 AM
dino

the 5.2's with SP1a completely locked me up after 5-10 mins of MOHHA
Spearhead...hard reset was the only way out.And I have the 9600XT. I realize
they recommend SP2 but am happy with my performance now.

Old February 15th 05, 07:13 PM
Glennbo

"dino" wrote in message
.. .
the 5.2's with SP1a completely locked me up after 5-10 mins of MOHHA
Spearhead...hard reset was the only way out.And I have the 9600XT. I
realize
they recommend SP2 but am happy with my performance now.

I'm sticking with the 4.12's.My 9600XT system is stable and there is nothing
that the 5.xx's give me that I don't already have.

Glennbo

Old February 15th 05, 08:43 PM
dino

it is just too bad that ATI has fallen to the MS theory of ugrading..if it
keeps up soon we will have no choice in hardware or software.