Doom 3 Demo, only Nvidia cards can play it ?? is that right ??

Old September 26th 03, 07:19 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default Doom 3 Demo, only Nvidia cards can play it ?? is that right ??

Was going to installit and try it out with my 9600 Pro ?

Thanks.

Old September 26th 03, 07:58 AM
Chimera

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
Was going to installit and try it out with my 9600 Pro ?

Thanks.

thats what I just asked a friend of mine who spent half his day at work
playing it. His computer has a R9200 in it, so I guess it works. He said
it ran slowly, but it still ran

Old September 26th 03, 09:03 AM
gappy

No.

It doesn't run on nvidia cards with the latest drivers. (nvidia blocked it)

It worked fine on my 9800 though with good frame rates.

BTW, It's not a demo, its an alpha, a leaked alpha that was never meant to
be played so don't judge doom3 too harshly from it (it was leaked over a
year ago)

Old September 26th 03, 11:29 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

I know that

I played it on my Gf3 Ti 200 HE HE.

It was a slideshow man AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Well not that bad, played ok realy.

Thanks.

Ill give it a wirl and shee how my 9600 Pro gos with it.

Old September 27th 03, 10:13 AM
Andy Cunningham

It's a pretty good Alpha - it ran at 5-10 fps on my Radeon 9000 / Celery 1.5
GHz. There's three tiny maps to play and it is bloody scary!

wrote in message ...

Was going to installit and try it out with my 9600 Pro ?

Thanks.

---

Old September 27th 03, 12:51 PM
Thomas

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
I know that

I played it on my Gf3 Ti 200 HE HE.

It was a slideshow man AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Well not that bad, played ok realy.

Thanks.

Ill give it a wirl and shee how my 9600 Pro gos with it.

Hmm can i give you some advice, i just want to be helpful :-)
You've been kinda bombarding this NG with a lot postings, that sound like a
guy talking to another guy. They're not really useful, and you also dont
really ask questions, just post remarks, like this one; 'would the DOOM3
demo work on NVidia cards?' while now it seems you haven't even tried...

What i mean is, try to post usefull things; good questions, or good remarks.
First try out some stuff, and then make a solid posting about it... If you
had for example first tried the DOOM3 demo, and then either asked why is
didnt work, or remarked that it works, and you have good or bad feelings
about it, the post would have been useful for people, now it isnt.. at all..

The same goes for some of your other postings.. Also try and read back the
stuff you want to send, and check the spelling... a little bit :-P
I wont even mention the top-posting ;-)

Just trying to be helpful, no attack at all..

Thomas
(who cant even FIND the demo ;-) )

Old September 27th 03, 05:20 PM
ELVIS2000

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:51:20 +0200, "Thomas"
wrote:

Just trying to be helpful, no attack at all..

Thomas
(who cant even FIND the demo ;-) )

I found to be an interesting bit of info. Who appointed you cop?
Old September 27th 03, 05:51 PM
Skid

"Thomas" wrote in message
[...]

Now, Thomas. If we go limiting posts to the ones that are in proper English,
posing previously unasked questions or offering useful information in a
friendly fashion -- well, what would we have left to read?

P.S., you can find and install the D3 demo by following the directions he
http://www.geocities.com/vigosmagik/doom3.html
(But I know you won't, because it was illegally leaked, and you're an
upstanding guy.)

Old September 28th 03, 07:10 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

He's just one of those people with no power, control trying to be
upity on usenet just ignore him.

Old September 28th 03, 07:10 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Not alot realy :/