The latest driver for "P4C800 Deluxe"?

Old November 26th 03, 02:31 PM
Adriano

Default The latest driver for "P4C800 Deluxe"?

Hi,
I have this driver: v. 1.0.1.30 (16/06/03)
Is it the ltest driver for my "P4C800 Deluxe"?
If there is another more recent driver, can you tell me what is its
name, please?
Which is the precise file?
I'm sorry I'm an inexperienced and I require very precise news.
I use Win XP.
thanks

bye Adriano
Old November 26th 03, 02:58 PM
FairMan

"Adriano" skrev i meddelandet
Hi,
I have this driver: v. 1.0.1.30 (16/06/03)
Is it the ltest driver for my "P4C800 Deluxe"?
If there is another more recent driver, can you tell me what is its
name, please?
Which is the precise file?
I'm sorry I'm an inexperienced and I require very precise news.
I use Win XP.
thanks

bye Adriano

Go to this site and search :
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...4C800%20Deluxe

It is a driver for Promise 378 Raid or ATA. If you are using Raid, the
latest driver are "378raid_100137.zip.

Hope it helps.

FairMan

Old November 26th 03, 03:19 PM
Adriano

Go to this site and search :
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...4C800%20Deluxe

It is a driver for Promise 378 Raid or ATA. If you are using Raid, the
latest driver are "378raid_100137.zip.

I'm sorry, are you sure? My old driver is:
File name: 378raid_100137.zip

The driver you tell me is:
File name: 378ATA100130.zip
Description Promise FastTrak 378 RAID Driver V1.00.1.37

I think it is another driver. It is a wrong driver for my
"P4C800 Deluxe".
Do I make a mistake?
Thanks

bye Adriano
Old November 26th 03, 04:24 PM
Adriano

Go to this site and search :
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...4C800%20Deluxe

It is a driver for Promise 378 Raid or ATA. If you are using Raid, the
latest driver are "378raid_100137.zip.

I'm sorry my precedent post is wrong, this is right.

I'm sorry, are you sure? My old driver is:
FileName: 378ATA100130.zip

The driver you tell me is:

Old November 27th 03, 06:42 PM
FairMan

"Adriano" skrev i meddelandet
Go to this site and search :

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...4C800%20Deluxe

It is a driver for Promise 378 Raid or ATA. If you are using Raid, the
latest driver are "378raid_100137.zip.

I'm sorry my precedent post is wrong, this is right.

I'm sorry, are you sure? My old driver is:
FileName: 378ATA100130.zip

The driver you tell me is:
FileName: 378raid_100137.zip

I think it is another driver. It is a wrong driver for my
"P4C800 Deluxe".
Do I make a mistake?
Thanks

bye Adriano

Yes. It's the right driver. V1.00.37 are newer and it works great on my
P4C800 Deluxe since a week or too. HD-tach tells me that it is a little bit
faster but not much.

FairMan

Old November 27th 03, 08:27 PM
Adriano

Yes. It's the right driver. V1.00.37 are newer and it works great on my
P4C800 Deluxe since a week or too. HD-tach tells me that it is a little bit
faster but not much.

I'm sorry but it is SATA and not ATA.
Did you have the 1.0.1.30 version before?
thanks very much

bye Adriano
Old November 28th 03, 07:02 PM
FairMan

"Adriano" skrev i meddelandet
Yes. It's the right driver. V1.00.37 are newer and it works great on my
P4C800 Deluxe since a week or too. HD-tach tells me that it is a little

bit
faster but not much.

I'm sorry but it is SATA and not ATA.
Did you have the 1.0.1.30 version before?
thanks very much

bye Adriano

Please read my words. If you use the onbord Promise you can use it for raid
or ATA. If you use it for raid, use raid driver. If not use ATA driver. No
difference if you use Sata or Pata both are ATA. Sata are Serial ATA and
Pata are Parallell ATA but they are both ata. So be calm. If you use Raid
you have to use Raid driver, if not use ATA driver. Last driver for both are
37.
The manual for P4C800 Deluxe are not so precise according to Promise onbord
card so I can understand your confusion.

Hope it helps.

FairMan