New Graphics Card

Old August 12th 03, 06:46 PM
AndrewMacInnes

Default New Graphics Card

I'm getting a new graphics card and have decided to get a card with either
an nividia Geforce Ti4800 chipset or an ATI 9600 chipset as i think these
are the best performing graphics at my price range ~ max £150 unless anyone
has other suggesstions. My main consideration is performance, does anyone
have a suggestion as to which chipset and graphics card I should go for?

Thanks in advance to replies
Andy

Old August 12th 03, 09:26 PM
Rich Barry

The ATI 9600 will be compatable with the newer games using DX9.0. The
GF4 series is not. See if you can find a
GeForce FX-5600 Ultra for about the same price as the ATI 9600. Even
Better is the ATI 9500Pro

Old August 12th 03, 11:12 PM
Figurt

what are u upgrading from
Ti4200 £45... savastore.com ?
"Rich Barry" wrote in message
.. .
The ATI 9600 will be compatable with the newer games using DX9.0. The
GF4 series is not. See if you can find a
GeForce FX-5600 Ultra for about the same price as the ATI 9600. Even
Better is the ATI 9500Pro
"AndrewMacInnes" wrote in message
I'm getting a new graphics card and have decided to get a card with

either
an nividia Geforce Ti4800 chipset or an ATI 9600 chipset as i think

these
are the best performing graphics at my price range ~ max £150 unless

anyone
has other suggesstions. My main consideration is performance, does

anyone
have a suggestion as to which chipset and graphics card I should go for?

Thanks in advance to replies
Andy

Older graphics card suitable for Windows XP? Juha Kettunen General 3 August 4th 03 10:33 PM
Older graphics card suitable for Windows XP? kony General 0 August 3rd 03 02:48 AM
Graphics card woes David W General 1 July 19th 03 01:38 AM
CPU and Graphics card upgrade AndrewMacInnes General 1 June 30th 03 05:33 PM
Graphics card with RGB out? - General 0 June 23rd 03 04:32 PM