cannot play mpg, avi and wmv with 5600 tv out

Old August 17th 03, 12:42 AM
sbs

Default cannot play mpg, avi and wmv with 5600 tv out

I just got mine in the mail yesterday from an ebay sale. $155
including shipping. 256mb asylum 5600.

I have heard about not playing dvd's through tv out. I cannot play
anything except one avi from my still digital camera.

I cannot play a hi res capture through the tv. I can play anything
through the tv, games, media player and the visualizations.

I have clone mode and I can see the movie on the monitor but the place
where the movie should be is a weird shade of dark maroon. I changed
resolutions on the tv and tried various percentages of screen size,
full screen or windowed.

I think that the copyright stuff for dvd's is kicking in.

I tried the old drivers from October of last year but it doesn't
recognize the card as it was not out then.

The graphics are great for the reason I bought it: Flight Simulator
2004. I was using the built in video on the motherboard.

Is there an answer?

Thanks.
Old August 17th 03, 02:20 AM
Robert Bindler

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:42:23 GMT, sbs wrote:

[...]

Make sure you are still using clone mode.
In your Nvidia settings, click on Overlay Controls.
Set the full screen device to your tv, mine is the secondary device
Press Okay a couple of times

Did that do the trick?

--
eel Tech
http://someguy456.computed.net/
Old August 17th 03, 04:31 AM
Robert Bindler

I'm sure it'll work fine. Mine does the exact same thing. The video files
are perfect, I think it has to do with some low level rendering (hardware?)
..

As for DVD's, mine play fine, as I am outputting straight to the TV.
The copyright thing (Macrovision) only kicks in when you try to play them
through the VCR (Are you trying to do that?).

Good luck!
Old August 17th 03, 07:44 AM
sbs

OK, I had a chance to try it. I can see everything but movie files on
the tv. I thought that they would show up. I tried the primary thing
and all works ok.

Thanks.

I would have hoped that I could do both at once but I may be asking
too much. With the older Riva TNT 2 Ultra, I could not have more than
one display going at once, so this is a vast improvement.

.

Old August 17th 03, 06:27 PM
Anybody

Could try Nemo Codec Pack to get all the proper vid/sound codecs if that
helps, or I hear alot of people tooting over TVTool as well.