Dell has bios update for Vista?

Old April 10th 07, 01:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_5_]

Default Dell has bios update for Vista?

I just went to Drivers and Dowloads for my system on Dell's site and changed
my info letting it know I have Vista now and there was a list of new
downloads listed for my PC, one which has me puzzled is Dell Dimension
System Bios, it is even listed as "Urgent" under Importance. When I click
on the file to read it(or any file on the list) I get a "404-File Not Found
The requested page could not be found." message but if I click on Download
it downloads "DM061-020201exe." Anyone know what's up with this bios
update? Definitely not doing anything with it until I know more, hate to
screw with my PC with it running so smoothly..

Old April 10th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Paul" wrote in message
I just went to Drivers and Dowloads for my system on Dell's site and
changed my info letting it know I have Vista now and there was a list of
new downloads listed for my PC, one which has me puzzled is Dell Dimension
System Bios, it is even listed as "Urgent" under Importance. When I click
on the file to read it(or any file on the list) I get a "404-File Not Found
The requested page could not be found." message but if I click on Download
it downloads "DM061-020201exe." Anyone know what's up with this bios
update? Definitely not doing anything with it until I know more, hate to
screw with my PC with it running so smoothly..

You're in the middle of their update. It can take as long as a day for the
link to work.

Old April 10th 07, 03:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_5_]

Man I always have such good timing... Thx Tom, You know anything about why
they are updating the bios on newer dimension PCs??

Old April 10th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Don't have a clue. I know there is a major problem with compatibility of
the nVidia 7300LE with their SATA drivers -- absolutely kills performance.
The last few updates haven't fix it. Hopefully this one will.

Tom

Old April 10th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_5_]

Ahh, have to see when the site descriptions are back up, if that's the case
luckly I have the 7600GT and haven't had a problem using nVidia's Vista
drivers so if only concerns the 7300le that update would be one to pass on..

Old April 10th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Unfortunately, the only change is to support new processors, so I'm not even
going to install it.