Vista is up a running here..

Old April 5th 07, 02:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_4_]

Default Vista is up a running here..

I took the plunge and installed Vista on my 2nd HD last night and it went
very smoothly (took an hour as Tom said) and as usual I find a new OS pretty
cool. Ran the clean install using the upgrade kit with no probs, I do find
it a bit slower then XP but not as slow as I was expecting, I imagine I'm
going to need to up the ram from 1gb to 2gb. Also if I find the settings
for increasing performance which will take away some of the WOW it probably
would speed up some. I didn't start loading programs yet other then AVG, I
imagine that will be interesting, but it's nice having both XP and Vista on
the same PC for I can take my time and migrate my stuff from Xp over as I
need, but my first impression of Vista is I like it, it's like XP in a
tuxedo ..

Old April 5th 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_5_]

Actually C & F but doesn't matter since which ever boots up as the main HD
becomes C, dual booting using bios as my switch. Working just fine..

"Bill" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
I took the plunge and installed Vista on my 2nd HD last night and it went
very smoothly (took an hour as Tom said) and as usual I find a new OS
pretty cool. Ran the clean install using the upgrade kit with no probs, I
do find it a bit slower then XP but not as slow as I was expecting, I
imagine I'm going to need to up the ram from 1gb to 2gb. Also if I find
the settings for increasing performance which will take away some of the
WOW it probably would speed up some. I didn't start loading programs yet
other then AVG, I imagine that will be interesting, but it's nice having
both XP and Vista on the same PC for I can take my time and migrate my
stuff from Xp over as I need, but my first impression of Vista is I like
it, it's like XP in a tuxedo ..

So you have XP on the C drive and Vista on the D drive or something like
that? If so I will give vista a chance...I dont want it as my main OS on
the C drive just as yet

Thanks
Bill

Old April 5th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Pongo Potts

"Paul" wrote in message
I took the plunge and installed Vista on my 2nd HD last night and it went
very smoothly (took an hour as Tom said) and as usual I find a new OS
pretty cool. Ran the clean install using the upgrade kit with no probs, I
do find it a bit slower then XP but not as slow as I was expecting, I
imagine I'm going to need to up the ram from 1gb to 2gb. Also if I find
the settings for increasing performance which will take away some of the
WOW it probably would speed up some. I didn't start loading programs yet
other then AVG, I imagine that will be interesting, but it's nice having
both XP and Vista on the same PC for I can take my time and migrate my
stuff from Xp over as I need, but my first impression of Vista is I like
it, it's like XP in a tuxedo ..

yes but what are you using it for...............

Old April 5th 07, 09:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
tony pac

Yeah ,I have the same setup,but c- f letters are confusing,when I am in
vista f becomes C,when I am in XP it is also C.
news

Old April 6th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill

Yeh mine is C and F as well..just installed a 160GB HD so I may give it a go
see what it looks like..I may get a free copy soon as a VAR :-)

Thanks

Bill

news

Old April 9th 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_5_]

Been running Vista for almost a week now and no hardware or software
problems, actually been using it for everything from word processing to
online gaming with UT 2004. Also CS2 photo work, music (iTunes w/5th Gen
video iPod), printing with our 5 yr old HP 932C Inkjet, , two different
digital cams (one 5 yr. old HP/Pentax and one new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8)
and my wife's Dell Axim X5 has connected and synced without a glich using
Vista's "Windows Mobile Device Center".. So so far I have to give it a big
thumbs up

I like Vista John Dell Computers 37 March 13th 07 09:32 PM
XP for now, Hasta la Vista, Vista journey Dell Computers 5 March 7th 07 03:16 AM
BE7 and Vista Marcus Homebuilt PC's 18 February 1st 07 03:30 AM
Vista Keith Dell Computers 14 November 22nd 06 07:44 PM
VISTA Sparky Spartacus Dell Computers 0 August 12th 05 09:50 AM