TV out on MX 440

Old October 22nd 03, 09:41 PM
phobos

Default TV out on MX 440

Soup wrote:

Hi all.
Tried today to play a DVD on the telly from the computer did the display
properties =settings = advanced thing then clicked on Geforce MX440
finally found the device selector but TV was greyed out all that was black
was "analogue display" tried clicking "device detector"after a short wait
(hourglass appeared) TV was still grey, "analog..." was still the only
black thing I could see, during this my desktop WAS appearing on the telly
sometimes with sometimes without the icons (also the 1 and 2 were appearing
whenever I pressed "identify")does anyone see something obvious I didn't do
? Or is my graphics card "cooked", sorry can't be more accurate with the
actual steps as I was "at it" for ages , approached the TV setting from all
sorts of angles, mainly working from memory, it doesn't help that the
driver/interface has been changed since the last time I "sent" a signal from
the comp' to the telly.

I've read other people having similar problems and there doesn't seem to
be a common solution. Make sure you're using the proper output
(composite or s-video) and if you're using composite make sure you have
the s-video - rca adapter connected properly.

Sometimes there isn't enough signal strength to detect and it seems
others have had to resort to using VCR passthroughs and such.

The only other thing to try is using your TV as the default monitor on
bootup. To do that unplug your monitor completely from the card and
have only a comp/s-video connection to the TV and reboot. You should
see the WinXP (or whatever OS) logo on bootup as well as your boot
sequence. Then Windows "should" just automatically use it as the
monitor (at 640x480). Sometimes it goes black for a minute while
detecting the display, but give it a minute and it should work.

Old October 23rd 03, 05:27 AM
Yeeyoh

Hi, I had the same card. I found that what is available under the nvidia
properties has a lot to do with how you have you second monitor set up under
windows display properties. I think to get at the nvidia properties. first
you have to check the a box under display properties/settings to set up
resolution and 8/16/32 bit color. Apply. Then uncheck the box and open up
your nvidia properties under display/settings/advanced.
Give that a try or something like that. I've done this with 44.03 and
45.23 drivers and it worked okay, don't know about any of the others.
Good luck, it is quite fun when you get it to work.
Yeeyoh.

Old October 26th 03, 06:47 PM
Soup

Soup wrote:
[...]

Not really sure what I did but the TV out is working now. Minor problem
is that the display is not "duplicated" so I have to try and see what is
happening on the TV from 20feet away and the telly is behind me (jings my
neck hurts from "craning" round to try and see the display on the telly) .
Maybe try and set it up in such a way that the telly and the desktop
have the same display so I can actually see what I am doing will then post
what I did to help others not do what I did initially.

--
yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
Illegitimi non carborundum